How to set default app to open specific file extension

Hi,
I want to set a specific app to open a file.
When I try to open an .org file, I would open it with orgzy app on my phone (/e/OS murena 1.5). But on the list of app Orgzly does not appear. I have other app that can open .org file. How can I Force it ti use orgzly app?

Thank you

Renato

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

Please see Opening .org files with orgzly · Issue #512 · orgzly/orgzly-android · GitHub

1 Like

just a continuous reference to other topics. i couldn’t find the solution, could you point me to the exact topic?
Renato

As far I could decrypt the topics links, this comment may be relevant, sorry :frowning: Opening .org files with orgzly · Issue #512 · orgzly/orgzly-android · GitHub

You problem may not be about some Android configuration, but rather the ability of the application to support some operation.
As far as I remember (if I’m wrong please correct), an app must “announce” it’s abilities, so Android can handle them. In your case, I think it’s the app not announcing it can handle opening .org files…

@smu44 , that is what I was looking for. I thought: the prob could: or of the s.o. that are not able to handle the call to the app, or of the app that cannot right handle the s.o. interface. I’ve already wrote to the app developer.
Now I’m waiting for an answer (that I would share with you)

Thank you

Renato

1 Like