How to unlock Aquaris X?

I have a BQ Aquaris X that I want to transfer from Android to e-OS.
But the bootloader is locked and in the developer options the unlocking of the bootloader is gray, i.e. it is not possible to change.
Fastboot cannot unlock the bootloader.
In former times you had to get a key from BQ to unlock the bootloader. But BQ does not give these keys anymore.
Does anybody know a good way to unlock the bootloader?

Which stock android version is your ā€˜bardockā€™ using: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) or 8.x Oreo?

The version shown is 8.1.0

Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on Your BQ X Aquaris bardock

• On your BQ X Aquaris bardock, go to the system settings and look for the ā€œDevice Informationā€ section.
  • Press several times on the ā€œBuild numberā€ section until a warning appears indicating that you have unlocked the development options.
  • Go back, and access the Developer Options / Developer Options menu on Settings.
  • Find and enable the ā€œOEM Unlockā€ option.
  • Find and activate the option ā€œUSB debugging.ā€
1 Like

Thank you very much!

I did it this way, but in the Developer Options the option ā€œOEM Unlockā€ is gray i.e. you cannot enable it.

In former times you could get a secret key from the vendor to enable this option, but BQ does no longer provide these keys.
I also tried to install TWRP but it fails.

So I need other solutions.

Thank you!

TWRP cannot be installed until the bootloader is unlocked.

Try this:

• Connect your ā€˜bardockā€™ to the internet and test the active connection with your browser.

• Navigate to the Stock Android Updater. Initiate an update search. The result is irrelevant (e.g. Your system is up to date).

• Return to the system settings, then to the enabled developer options. OEM unlocking should now be enabled.

Thank you very, very, very much! :grinning:
I did not think it would be so easy!
Installation of e-OS is successfully completed!

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.