[HOWTO] Android bootloader, fastboot, recovery and normal booting

Thank for this other way. I will try also this

I know Samsung’s Galaxy S5 like S5+ like the back of my hand. Both phones have already passed a lot of flash tests. The devices are so robust and perfectly suited for beginners in the flashing metier. Just do it - it’s easy!

Installing the /e/OS just replace the partition /system others are untouched,

So you have to prepare your phone with the latest /bootloader, latest /modem, etc…
by updating, upgrading, the original vendor firmware (Carrier / Samsung / Gogol )

samfirmtool could help you (windows only)
or sammobile or another site , search the web to : Download Samsung Mobile Firmware

Oh no - it is not like that!

LineageOS Wiki as well as /e/ documentation and my own experience are in favour of at least wiping:

/Dalvik / ART Cache
/System
/Data
/Cache

Now tap Factory Reset , then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).

Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption as well as delete all files stored on the internal storage.
Return to the previous menu and tap Advanced Wipe.
Select the Cache and System partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.

The problem is always the same. With the last firmware I can not unlock bootloader. The only way is root and warranty bit kernel that is not a problem because I can downgrade and the warranty bit disappear. Then I have a backup in the SD that I can restore to have the my actual situation. Who of you have /e/ os on a g900f?

Yes, Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte)

Yes, Galaxy S5 ‘klte’

Yes, my old Galaxy S5 ‘klte’ e-0.11-p

Yes, here.

1 Like