[HOWTO] Fix permissions error while syncing data

Hi!
After the May 29th /e/ update, many users reported that their contacts, calendar and tasks were not syncing anymore. Users also reported receiving a notification requesting some permissions and that clicking on the notification didn’t fix the sync issue.

I apologise for any inconvenience this update may have caused.

To get your data to sync again, please follow the steps listed below:

On Oreo versions of /e/ :

1. Remove your /e/ account (System Settings > Users & accounts > [your /e/ account] > Remove account)
  2. Add your /e/ account back (System Settings > Users & accounts > Add account > /e/)

On Nougat versions of /e/ :

1. Remove your /e/ account (System Settings > Accounts > /e/ > [your /e/ account] > 3 dot menu > Remove account)
  2. Add your /e/ account back (System Settings > Accounts > Add account > /e/)
  3. If you get a notification requesting some permissions, click on it and grant all requested permissions

For Google accounts, follow the steps mentioned above and replace “[your /e/ account]” with [your Google account] and “/e/” with Google.

2 Likes

I am using a refurbished S7 Edge with /e/ 7.1.2 and having trouble syncing with my google account since I keep receiving authentication error with "foundation.e.dav4android.except.UnauthorizedException: HTTP401”. Removed and re-added the google account several times but the error is still there…

Hi, have you found a workaround this issue? I am having similar problems.

Yes, I removed my google account :upside_down_face: