Objective: Installing the PvZ2 mod, ECLISE, on an /e/OS device (or any other degoogled ROM, I guess). The initial setup is impossible to do without a g-account, but that’s something that can be fixed with this guide.
About: ECLISE is a modification of the mobile game “Plants vs Zombies 2”, which removes microtransactions, makes the level progression more linear, and introduces a couple more improvements.
This modification is also known for being more difficult, though an alternative easy mode is also available for beginners.
- OAndBackupX (needs root access)
- Required files
- ECLISE or easy mode obb (from this video’s description)
- Extract the contents of the game backup zip to your device’s internal storage. Don’t launch the game yet.
- Initiate OAndBackupX, and find the ECLISE backup. Restore the apk and its data by pressing “Both”.
- Copy the game obb to the internal storage’s Android/obb/com.ea.game…. folder
- Find ECLISE in settings, and under data usage, disable WiFi, mobile and VPN data.
- You should be ready to go!
- In devices with a notch/camera cutout, the pause button’s hitbox is misalligned. According to the developer, this should be fixed by hiding the cutout (in /e/, this is done through developer settings, but looks like doing this makes Bliss Launcher crash into oblivion.)
- If OAndBackupX does not detect the backup, rename the “OAndBackupX” folder to “OABX”