I cant update maps in the maps application

Im getting this error message:

Strange, that you cannot update it by the /e/Apps Store,
So, have a try with the Aurora Store (blacklist all orther apps for update if not installed by aurora)
It worked for me.

2 Likes

exactly,
I have to admit that I’m not entirely sure what the name for the e/ maps app is.
I understood it is called magic earth?
When I go to the e/ app store to update that it only gives me the “open” option, so no “update”

Magic Earth is a preinstalled App.

2 Likes

thanks for your reply, I was on 0.14, now updating to 0.17

1 Like

Experience is improved
(New Browser tabs as example)

1 Like

everything is working fine now, thanks for the replies.
very useful forum.

1 Like

Are there any map updates available for the Maps app at all? It’s August 2026 and Maps tells me there’s no map-update available - currently on 7.467 from March 2025!

Motorola Edge 20, /e/OS 15 BP1A.250505.005

This is an old thread. Maps (legacy) is forked from Magic Earth. Meanwhile Magic Earth now needs a small subscription, so Maps is “frozen” at the last free version.

Murena is still community testing Murena Maps

2 Likes