I don't want a cloud

Hello,

I don’t want my data to be synchronised to the murena cloud but I can’t manage to do this. I have unchecked the automatic synchronization but the cloud is still filling up and it is always full.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

You could do Settings > Accounts > “your Murena account” > Remove account.

3 Likes

Bonjour
Ou choisir dans parametres “comptes” ton compte e puis synchronisation du compte et décocher l’ensemble des choix.
ainsi tu pourras changer d’avis sans trop de manipulations.
Salut

Hello
Or choose “accounts” in the settings for your account and then “account synchronisation” and uncheck all the choices.
This way you can change your mind without too much manipulation.
Hi

1 Like

I always wanted to ask about something similar. Say, I want to sync only contacts and calendar, so I create murena account, but I have already my pictures in the phone. When you use phone without murena and later create murena account, the data get synced before you get a chance to turn the sync for pictures off. Select what to sync on account creation/first login is not possible, right? At least some of your data always leak to murena, when you freshly set up murena account, right? I think sync to murena should be opt-in, not opt out.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. However I use the phone calendar so to use it I need a murena account…

Merci pour la réponse. J’ai déjà décoché “synchronisation auto des donnés”, mais le téléphone continu à synchroniser, notamment les photos

Bonjour @Taragona
as tu bien décoché la synchro image vidéo ?

Je n’ai pas la main sur chaque apllication comme toi mais un bouton “synchronisation automatique des donnés” que j’ai désactivé. Que je vais voir chaque appli, ça marque une dernière synchronisation le 1 avril, pourtant mais photo sont bien sur le cloud…

Pour avoir accès au menu comme sur la copie d’écran, tu vas dans les paramètres, puis “Comptes” et là il faut que tu tapes sur le nom de ton compte ton-nom@e.email ou ton-nom@murena.io puis tu choisis “Synchronisation du compte” et là tu as accès au différents choix.

I spent about a week to set up a custom domain and custom own hosted murena self hosted server. Works flawlessly. Let me know if you would like to test one and experiment.

bonjour,
suite à une autre discussion, j’envisageais de supprimer le Cloud (imparfait et pompeur probable de ressources internet+reseau mobile). Je vais plutôt suivre la prséente suggestion. Merci

You could also log in to your cloud from a desktop or laptop and move data off the cloud then you have more room. Also can add data as packages, not that expensive.

FR : Bon je ne m’en sort pas, malgré la désynchronisation des données le cloud se rempli quand même, et je crains que cela abîme le système du téléphone et notamment la batterie. Je pense désactiver mon compte Murena, mais un message m’indique que cela " entrainera la supression de tous les massage, contacts et autres données du téléphones". Je suis bloquée :slight_smile:

ENG : Well, I’m not getting away with it, despite the data being desynchronised, the cloud is still filling up, and I’m afraid that’s damaging the phone’s system and battery in particular. I’m thinking of deactivating my Murena account, but a message tells me that this “will delete all massage, contacts and other data from the phone”. I’m stuck :slight_smile:

Perhaps you could check what material is filling the cloud.

Email and its attachments and Trash could use quite a lot of space. This could of course be deleted to keep “essential only” and / or strip important attachments to store locally.

Or is other data present ? If so, what is it ?