I made a misstake: com.android.documentsui

I was a bit to fast in cleaning the phone from unwanted apps and deleted com.android.documentsui. Is it possible to download the APK for Android 10 /e/OS 0.13-2020121590520 (Gigaset GS290) somewhere? :blush:

I hope it is okay to reply to myself.

I was able to extract the DocumentsUI.apk from the system.img with imjtool and to install it with adb install --user 0 DocumentsUI.apk

2 Likes

Depending on how you do this, there might be an easier way back.

adb shell cmd package install-existing will reinstall an App uninstalled with adb shell pm uninstall --user 0.

adb shell pm enable will reenable an App disabled with adb shell pm disable-user --user 0.

2 Likes

Thank you for the hint! I’ll try it this way next time. One question. How does adb knows which package to reinstall if i have uninstalled more than one? Will adb shell cmd package install-existing install the last removed package or do i have to add the name of the package?

You add the package name to the commands.

Thank you, very useful!

You have to root for this

1. Install any root browser (x-plorer , cx file manager etc.

2. open /system/priv-app/DocumentsUIGoogle

3.copy all apk files to any internel storage folder

1. Install all these apk files at once using any split apk installer ( Recommended -com.smartpack.packagemanager )

download link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartpack.packagemanager

5.Reboot

Note :- if you are unable to find these apk files then use attached files
vvvvv

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.