I rebooted my FP3 and it entered the initial setup screen, as if I had reset it

Hello, I just got a new FP3+ today, I installed /e/OS on the phone. I was in the process of migrating everything from my old phone manually, I had already moved all of my 2FA and contacts. After I was about finished, I powered off the phone to finally move my SIM card, next time turning on the phone it once again entered the setup screen and asking for my language, with everything I had done in the previous boot lost.

Could anyone help me restore the configuration I had? I’m mainly concerned about my 2FA as I have no way to access them now.

Some information that might be useful:
Once I powered the device off after setting everything up, I did also go ahead and lock my bootloader, as I had not yet locked it on the first power on.
I did go through the setup process on my second launch again, and after rebooting the phone multiple times after, it doesn’t seem to repeat itself.

I’m sorry that data is gone.

Both, a unlock and relock cause a userdata reset/wipe.

In the instructions it’s part of one step that prior wiped userdata, so there is no warning this resets userdata.

3 Likes

I seem to remember that the fastboot command itself displays a warning about this, but it was a relatively long time ago for me, and the adb and fastboot commands are in active development and change in detail all the time, so I’m not sure.

Thanks for the reply

Makes sense for bootloader locks & unlocks to have userdata wipes, just didn’t occur to me when doing what I did. This one’s on me. I’ve managed to recover most of my 2FA, so I think I’ll be fine.

Thanks once again for the responses. I appreciate it. I’ll be more careful next time.