I seem to be in a cyanogen recovery loop could someone give a little advice please

Hi everyone

yep I am newbie in trouble and that is a very rare thing at my age: my son was born the year the internet was born.

Desperate for some help with this as my phone is now out of commission

I have successfully installed many Roms and I do have the E/rom installed on my moto G4 plus and it is running great. In fact I love it.

I had been using the lineage rom on my wileyfox swift and decided to change over to the e/ rom because I thought it was better than lineage.

My wileyfox swift had installed:

lineage 16.0 nightly-crackling
twrp-3.2.1-0-crackling-20180110

I read the instructions to install the e/ rom and update twrp
On xda some people had trouble with not installing the updated twrp so I intended to update twrp

I downloaded the rom and the new twrp.
e-0.7-n-2019101126749-dev-crackling
twrp-3.3.1-0-crackling

I transferred both these files to my internal storage

I rebooted into twrp recovery to update twrp as I have done a hundred times and updated twrp-3.2.1-0-crackling-20180110 to twrp-3.3.1-0-crackling. All seemed to go well

I then rebooted and my phone now enters cyanogen recovery.
I do not know where a cyanogen recovery has come from because I never installed it
I thought cyanogen was dead.

Every time I reboot I cannot get past the cyanogen recovery screen

Instead of the wonderful twrp recovery I now have a list:

Reboot into Android
Reboot to Recovery
Reboot to Bootloader
Power Down
About the Phone
Reboot to EDL

no matter what option I choose it reboots back into cyanogen recovery.

I can see the wileyfox logo just as cyanogen recovery begins

I cannot access the phone from my Linux distro.
I already have fastboot and adb installed

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Many many Thanks

Tenchi

Boot in bootloader
Flash twrp once more
Reboot in recovery

Now it should be twrp

thank you
thats the trick
i forgot about “fastboot devices”
sudo fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-crackling-20180110.img
my lineage is now working fine so I will try a different route to get the e/ rom installed
i am thinking i may be ok with the original twrp as I have install arrowos, and lineage with that
again your a star thanks

here is an update for anyone with a similar problem
as I mentioned I have installed most roms available on XDA so feel very confident doing this.

I finally found the core issue

I compared the file sizes of my original twrp-3.2.1-0-crackling-20180110 which was 27MB was and the new twrp-3.3.1-0-crackling.img was about 6.7MB.

I downloaded the same twrp-3.3.1-0-crackling.img again and this time the size was 17.4MB .

The only way i could download teh complete twrp was to use a completely vanilla Firefox, no addons, nothing. only then could I get the full 17.4MB file

I use generally use firefox-esr and icecat with lots of about:config changes and addons.

This was the reason why I failed to install the e/rom.

moral of the story “check and confirm your download size” of twrp.

Thx for this update. It’s crazy what you are reporting