I want no vibration notifications for mail. Ever

I can’t deal with distracting vibrations every time I get an email. Phone vibrations are considered faux pas where I work.
I can’t find a way to turn off vibrations globally (or granularly) for the Mail app.

This is what I’ve tried.

• I looked in mail > settings > notifications. I saw no way to turn off vibrations explicitly so I enabled “Quiet Time” and enabled “Disable Notifications” during quiet time. I set “Quiet Time” from 12:01 AM to 11:59PM. I tried other ranges as well, I’m still getting vibrations all the time.

• Looked in System Settings > Apps & Notifications > Mail > App notifications then drilled into each of the “mail_channel” items and turned off “vibrate” for both of the “mail_channel” items.

• Looked in System Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications and don’t see anything related to vibration here

• Looked in System Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Permissions, nothing there either.

• Looked in System Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special App Access > Notification Access. Nothing there for Mail or vibrations either.

• Looked in System Settings > Security & Privacy > Trust > Privacy Guard > (show built-in apps) Mail (long touch). There is nothing here about vibrating either even though other apps do.

Why… for the love of technology… am I finding no way to stop this thing from vibrating when I get mail? My experience with /e/ has not been great so far and it’s stupid things like this that make me frustrated more than I should be. Yes. Getting frustrated is Kritischer problem, but not providing a global NO VIBRATE option is definitely an /e/ problem.

1 Like

Look here? Maybe you missed it.

Email - Settings - account settings - notifications - (vibrate setting on there)

One of the advantages, and in this case obviously one of the disadvantages, of /e/'s default Mail App is, that notifications are managed individually for each mail account.
Go into an account in the Mail App, then you will find vibration settings in the three-dot-menu in Settings - Account settings - Notifications.

I don’t have “Account settings” from Email > Settings. As I stated under “Notifications” there is no vibrate setting.

Edit: I had to go into the account proper before I could access it. Excellent! Very granular and configurable. Thank you for your comment. I struggle with everything.

Ah ha!

I have to go INTO the account mailbox to access it just in the way you described.

Thank you!

Have you looked under settings sound

1 Like