Impossible to change keyboard

Hi. I have a fairphone5 with e/os. The keyboard is terrible. I want to use "any soft keyboard ", which is fantastic. I keep chosing it, but the phone won’t accept my choice, and keeps putting the awfully nul android proposef in e/os. I tried everything. I have to re choose any soft keyboard 10times a day.
Please help me get rid of the original keyboard. Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Maybe show some screenshots of your settings? Sounds very strange…

It’s no longer activated, I forced it to stop, and yet, it comes back as the chosen keyboard 10 times a.day. I can’t stand it anymore

I meant more System → ‘Language & Input’ → ‘Keyboards’ (I use it in german, so translation might not be 100 %). I want to see if your installation of ‘any soft keyboard’ is available.

any soft keyboard is the keyboard chosen

Hmm, not sure then what the Problem is. You can deselect the standard keyboard and that is it in my opinion.

I also don’t know what this is:

I deactivated it! so, there’s a problem, and I’d like murena to solve it…who can help me?

Have you also installed the AnySOftKeyboard language pack for your system language (French?)
E.g. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.anysoftkeyboard.languagepack.french_xlarge/

yes, and it’s not that the problem…

It think you should explain further, I think replys might be low because the problem is not easy understandable.

And as for ‘I want murena to solve it’. If you bought your phone directly from them, you should contact them. Here is the community forum, not offical helpdesk

Hi, could the issue be with AnySoftKeyboard and not with the operating system.
ASK has been buggy for me recently with swiping and word suggestions seemingly randomly stopping working.
Perhaps you could try installing another keyboard to see if that gives you the same issue?

which keyboard would you recommend?

I use anysoft despite its buggyness.
You could try almost any other keyboard just to see if it can be applied.
It was only an idea, I am probably wrong.
What about simple keyboard from fdroid just to see if the problem reoccurs? If it does, maybe someone who knows what they are taking about can help you :wink:

I’ll try it, thanks…

1 Like