Impossible to Unlock bootloader redmi note 5 pro with mi unlock device not detect the phone

with the new guide you can unlock mi bootloader, xiaomi redmi note 5 and new 2020 mi, redmi phones

I stuggled on windows 10 and Linux with fastboot/adb. Same issues as soon as phone in fastboot no devices connected. Eventually used mi unlock tool from XDA.

Managed bootloader unlock with that. Then couldn’t get adb sideliad to work from anywhere so had to flash the ROM zip from twrp. Took a few gos and I tried a couple of different versions of twrp from the tool. 2nd from bottom worked for me finally.
Windows 10 was a complete no go for me. Also it took a long time to boot first time.
Working brilliantly now. Long live E/os

Unlock bootloader of the Xiaomi phone is still easy. Just you need the perfect guide

If you want to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phone then you can follow this perfect guide and Mi Account Unlock Tool and FRP Bypass Tool to bypass FRP.

Dear users, I’ve been struggling to unlock a Redmi note 9 (Merlin) from my Windows 7 PC, to install a new build (see here).

I have the same display “Not connected to the phone” as on the first post. I have:

• logged in to the Mi account, and the Mi Unlock Tool seems to be fine with my permissions (I didn’t find how to ask them on the website btw)
  • tried several versions of the Mi Unlock Tool
  • tried installing adb by several methods (not sure if I managed). When I run adb with “C:\platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows\platform-tools\adb devices” the List of attached devices is emply.
  • enabed USB debugging on the phone in developer mode
  • installed a driver so that my PC recognizes the phone ( I can access files)

Any idea on how to proceed?

We finally managed to unlock, by trying on a third computer!

So we’re good so far, only 168 hours to wait. I’ll keep you updated as we proceed next week, cheers.