Impossible to use easy-installer on 32-bit windows 7

Hello,
I wanted to test the easy installer before trying to flash an old galaxy S9
(I have never flashed a ROM so i thought it was a good idea to use the installer.)
The installation procédure has been easily finished but when I clic on the icon a message tell me that my windows version is incompatible…
I use a windows 7 32 bit …
Is easy installer only usable with 64 bit OS ?
Do you have any solution for me ?
Thanks a lot !!

You do know that Windows 7 went EOL (End Of Life) on January 14, 2020 and that there have been no more security updates and that it is dangerous to still be using it, right?

1 Like

I didn’t know this date. I thank you for the information I will change that as soon as possible.
But that doesn’t help me for the easy installer problem…
Is it necessary to change my 23 bits to 64 bits ?

Pinging @Ingo_FP_Angel.
Windows EXE files can be checked for 32-bit or 64-bit compatibility easily (the installer EXE is indeed 32-bit), but I lack the wisdom for Java programs like the Easy Installer.

Moving a Windows 7 32-bit PC to 64-bit requires more effort than installing /e/ OS without /e/asy-installer.

On Windows 7 32-bit, use the Samsung compatible Odin v3.14.4 and flash TWRP Recovery. With TWRP 3.3.1-1 you then install the /e/ OS.

This guide might help you with that: [HOWTO] Install /e/ on a Samsung smartphone with Windows easily.

1 Like

I just had a look at my build directory. The bundled java executable is reported as “PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows” (I’m on Linux myself). That means it is 64 bit. And while 32 bit programs can run on a 64 bit computer/OS, the other way round is just impossible.

P.S.: the installer of the easy-installer ( :wink: ) might very well be 32 bit, but that just doesn’t help if the program it installs is not compatible with 32 bit.

1 Like

I’ll try to install \e\ OS without the Easy installer…
The android version of my S9 is android 9 (Pie).
But the version of \e\ is based on oreo … could it be an issue ???
thanks for your answers !!

S9 with Android 9 ‘P’ should not be a problem unlike Android 10 ‘Q’.

In S9 with StockAndroid 9.0, first of all, open ‘OEM Unlock’ so that TWRP 3.3.1-1 can be flashed without any problem. Do not(!) use TWRP 3.4.0-0 in combination with Oreo 8.1.0.

1 Like

I did “EOM unlock” but android asked me to factory reset . Android has started back and a new empty android is there. Is it correct ? may I consider this is ready for flashing ?

I did “oem unlock with success”
I used odin 3.14.4 to install TWRP3.3.1-1 then tried to install e-0.13-o-2020120889191-dev-starlte
but it failed (error 7) and now I’m blocked
please help me …
as a reminder, My phone is a galaxy s9 with android 9 pie

Wouldn’t it make sense to start a fresh topic? There might be people out there able to help installing /e/ on an S9 but wouldn’t read this topic because it’s about problems with the easy-installer…

1 Like

The three lines before the error-7-message indicate why ‘error 7’ occurred. What’s the wording?

@hhboy, don’t panic, please! As long as you can enter Samsung’s Download-Mode

With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power

with your S9, everything can be fixed.

By the way, please follow @Ingo_FP_Angel idea.