I have been given this old Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105 that comes from China (or Hong-Kong).
No (more) data on it. It was loaded with Android 4.4.2.
I seem to have passed all steps to the install of /e/ (and each was a small victory!), but I fail on the last steps.
Note: to reach TWRP recovery mode, this is the only way I found working: press all 3 buttons volume-up+Home+Poweron, release Poweron upon Galaxy Note… logo appearing, then waiting about 10 sec for TWRP opening.
Here my tests:
Using the /e/ Wiki recommended install (…device/t0lte/install), I managed to:
- have Heimdall work in the command line screen, install the drivers (selecting Gadget Serial) up to successful automatic reboot after print-pit;
- have a successful install of custom recovery with [heimdall flash --RECOVERY twrp-3.3.1-0-t0lte.img.tar --no-reboot]
(note that the /e/ Wiki recommended install is linking to twrp-3.3.1-0-a5y17lte.img.tar which did not work as it is for Galaxy A5);
- after “successful recovery upload … releasing device interface”, the device screen stays on “Downloading… Do not turn off target!!”" with the progress bar still all blue. Still same after 1 hour. (note: “Odin mode” written at to of device screen)
- I tried “adb reboot recovery” but “No device/emulator found”;
- then, I unplug the device and perform an immediate reboot in recovery mode: impossible. After pressing the 3 buttons, I can only get to a “Downloading… Do not turn off target!!” screen or a regular reboot. Same situation if I do not perform “adb reboot recovery” first.
Solution A failed here.
Using the alternative suggested install (/howto-install-e-on-a-samsung-smartphone-with-windows-easily from Anonyme), I managed sucessfully all steps (install SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe, twrp-3.3.1-0-t0lte.img.tar and e-0.7-n-2019062514554-dev-t0lte.zip) up to the animation of the /e/ logo (I was so proud!) that… stays on screen for days.
I tried, in TWRP, to flash /e/ with Zip signature verification but Zip signature verification failed.
I tried begining with solution A and finishing with B but I reach the same /e/ logo animation.
Could it be that, coming from an Asian market, its origin bring extra problems?
Can you help me reach the next step ?
So close… but still so far!
Tks for all your job on our “liberation” and for help on my problem.