Install e-os or deGoogling a Huawei P10 Lite

Is there a possibillity to install e-os or a degoogled os for the Huawei P10 Lite with Android 8.0?

I´m thinking to buy a phone with e-os, but i want to try this os on an old phone of me.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Huawei does not allow its bootloader to be unlocked. As you may be aware an unlocked bootloader is required to install any custom OS like /e/. This problem effectively rules out support for new Huawei devices.

No & Yes. There is no /e/ OS available for the Huawei P10 Lite. For LineageOS it is.

LineageOS is similar to /e/ OS, but nowhere near as degoogled as /e/OS - but always significantly better than stock Android 8.0, because Google Play Services don’t necessarily have to be used. Unofficial LOS ROMs and custom Recovery TWR are available on the WorldWideWeb.

Your first step must be to officially unlock the bootloader. Try to get an unlock code from Huawei. You will need the P10 Lite IMEI, Serial Number and Product ID. It’s worth a try, isn’t it?

Hello,
A friend of mine has a Huawei P20 and is interested in installing /e/OS on it.

A I understand from this discussion, there’s a chance to get an unlock code from Huawei (on this link) for the bootloader, and this is required to install any new OS ?

But then he could only install Lineage OS, and not /e/OS yet, as I can see from the list of supported devices. Correct ?

I’d be happy to see any progress in that direction, thanks !