Install proces om Fairphone 3 not picking up after phone is in fast boot mode

I made the choice and I am now trying to install e/OS on a fairphone 3 using the easy installer.

The process seems to get stuck once I put the phone in the fast boot mode.It is supposed to start itself in 30 sec but it doesn’t. The software gets stuck on the screen were is says wait 30 secs.

Any suggestions are welcome.!

Thanx a lot!

According to your screenshot, you have to unlock the bootloader

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I found this explanation

Which brings me to this page
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3/install
But then I still do not understand how to use these commands:

• Once on fastboot mode, unlock the device by running fastboot flashing unlock

On previous versions of fastboot, the command is fastboot oem unlock

• The device will ask you to confirm the unlocking. Confirm by selecting UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER and confirm with Power
  • The device reboot automatically. It will show a warning. Press Volume + or Volume - to display boot options, select fastboot and confirm with Power to reboot on fastboot

You don’t say OS, is it this?

Thank you very much Aibd, Yes I am trying to install e/os with windows 10 pc on a fairphone 3. I will try the steps you are suggesting tomorrow and let you know what happens.

I tried the link you suggested. Installed all the drivers windows update suggested although there was NO Google, Inc. - Other hardware - Android Bootloader Interface between them. Still the installation process does not continue. Any other suggestion is more then welcome.

I have found the universal adb driver and installed it. In the device manager it gives me these 3 options. Which one would you suggest?!

I would suggest composite, Windows drivers are not harmful; it is only a guess, but I think the other two will be smaller, and you will probably require both parts.

If you keep the device manager open as you proceed, it will inform you if it finds/needs a better alternative.