Installation sur un Motorola G4 Play

Bonsoir,

J’ai réussi à débloquer le téléphone.
J’ai installé TWRP dessus, ainsi que le fichier ZIP de /e/ mais lorsque j’ai tapé “adb reboot recovery” j’ai obtenu “ningun comando” avec un petit vaisseau spatial vert avec un capot ouvert et un point d’exclamation.
J’ai réussi à obtenir le menu suivant mais je ne sais pas ce que je dois faire: il y a deux options pour “Wipe”, laquelle choisir ?
En bref, je ne comprends plus rien à partir du point 4 du Wiki:
4. Go back to return to main menu, then tap Wipe. (quel menu principal ? sur le telephone ou sur l’ordi ?)
5. Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption as well as delete all files stored on the internal storage. (Où dois-je taper “Format Data” ?)
6. Return to the previous menu and tap Advanced Wipe. (Même question que pour le point 4)
7. Select the Cache and System partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe. (Où vais-je trouver les partitions “Cache” et “System” et que signifie “Swipe to Wipe” ?)
8. Sideload the /e/ .zip package: (Que signifie “Sideload” ?)

• On the device, select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload. (Où vais-je trouver “Advanced” et “ADB Sideload” ? )
  • On the host machine, sideload (Que signifie “Sideload” ?) the package using:
adb sideload filename.zip  **(Je ne vois pas de quel paquet il s'agit...)**

Merci par avance!
Cordialement,
Pixef

Bonsoir, malheureusement je ne parle pas francais.

However, I have installed /e/ on a Moto G4 Play (harpia), and am using it as my primary phone. So it is possible!

I will try to answer some of your questions:
4. main menu of the recovery mode of TWRP. Other than by command line on the computer over the USB connection, you can get here by booting the phone into fastboot (hold down power and volume down at start), then starting recovery mode from fast boot (volume down, then power) Then TWRP recovery mode should start, and you will see the “Wipe” button.
5. & 6. Tapping the “Wipe” button will reveal both the “Format Data” button and the “Advanced Wipe” buttons.
7. These options are available once “Advanced Wipe” have been selected
8. “Sideload” in this case means “to install software (in this case, /e/) over the USB connection with your computer” (Note: it can also mean to install apps from .apk files without using Google Play) Sideloading is only one way of installing /e/. If you put the /e/ zip file for harpia on a removeable SD card and place it in the phone before booting the phone into recovery, you should be able to install /e/ from the SD card using the “Install” button from the main recovery menu.
Hope this is understandable! If I missed anything and you know how to ask in English, I will try to explain further.

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much!

I have reached the menu that I attach in the photo but I don’t know what I risk by clicking on Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
I’m afraid I’ll make the phone unusable if I make a wrong move.

In addition, I downloaded on the computer:
android-studio-ide-191.5900203-linux.tar.gz,
e-0.7n-201909252424859-dev-harpia.zip,
e-0.7n-2019100926505-dev-harpia.zip
sdk-tools-linux-433373796.zip
But I don’t know how to use these packages.

I also downloaded on the phone:
e-0.7n-2019100926505-dev-harpia.zip
me.twrp.twrp.twrpapp-26
But I also don’t know what to do with it and how to do it…

If you can continue to help me…

Sincerely,
Pixef

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

A few quick comments/questions, and I think I can help you better.

1. I am not sure you have unlocked your bootloader. This is necessary before you can install TWRP. When you first turn on your phone, do you see a Moto symbol, or a scary-sounding screen with lots of words that says “Warning, Bootloader Unlocked” at the top?
  2. I am not sure that TWRP has been installed. When you say you installed TWRP, what did you do to install?
  3. Is this phone the main mobile phone that you use? When you “Wipe” or “Factory Reset” the phone, nothing bad happens to the phone (hardware), but everything you have stored on it (photos, texts, phone logs) are erased from the internal/non-removable storage on the phone. This can be backed up before taking this step.
  4. What operating system is your computer/laptop?

Don’t worry, none of this is a big problem! I just need to know where you are starting. I can explain the packages, but I will wait for your answers.

Good evening,

Thank you again for persevering in helping.
Yes, I unlocked the phone.
He is indeed sending me this alarmist message.

However, I don’t know if I installed TWRP.
I know I downloaded a TWRP package on my computer and another one on the phone but I don’t know what to do with it.

This phone is not my main phone.
I bought it to learn how to install /e/ (and Lineage) because I am part of an association promoting free software and I wish I could explain and help people interested how to leave Android and Apple. Starting with a friend to whom I advised to buy this Motorola G4 Play because it is one of the very few to have: dual SIM, removable battery and /e/ compatibility.

I have an aging BlackBerry Z10 that is letting go but I am waiting for a Librem5 that I bought as part of the pre-financing campaign.

The OS on my computer is Linux-Debian (actually LIBRAZIK which is a music oriented Debian).

Thank you very much for guiding me step by step.
With kind regards,
Patrick

The files I have loaded on my computer :

Unziped:
Paquets%20d%C3%A9compress%C3%A9s

OK, good news that the bootloader is unlocked, this is the first step that allows you to install the custom recovery TWRP, before you install /e/.

For context, the best I can explain:
Bootloader: hardware-based instructions that are the first to run when you power on the phone. It loads either the installed OS (by default) or a “recovery” software package that can be used to install other OS (stock Android, /e/, LineageOS, for example).
Recovery: a very basic piece of software that allows backup/repair functions including installing a new OS.

You now need to install the recovery software (TWRP), but because you do not have permission to do this on the phone you have to do it with the computer over USB.

The files you have:
android-studio-ide-191.5900203-linux.tar.gz - this is some of the software that you need to install on your Linux computer in order to install TWRP on your phone
sdk-tools-linux-433373796.zip - this is other software you need to install on your Linux computer
e-0.7n-2019100926505-dev-harpia.zip - This is the actual /e/ OS that you will install on the phone later. The other file ending “harpia.zip” is an older version. Either will work, but use the current version.
me.twrp.twrp.twrpapp-26.apk - this is a version of TWRP that you could use if your phone was already rooted. However, you cannot use it to install over USB. Instead, you need the .img file found here (https://eu.dl.twrp.me/harpia/). Download the latest version 3.2.1

The other thing you need to do is become a “developer” on your phone, so you can install things over USB. This is fortunately not hard, but another silly way Google tries to make things difficult. To do this, start up your phone with the current OS, tap the Settings icon, and select “About Phone”. Scroll all the way down and tap the “Build Number” item seven times. You should get a message saying you are now a developer. Now you can install things over USB.

To do this, follow steps 1-6 under “Installing a custom recovery” at the harpia installation site https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/wiki/en/wikis/device/harpia/install
You have already done step 1 if you have downloaded the TWRP .img file.

I’m sorry, this is very badly documented everywhere. I hope it makes sense. when you have done all this, you are ready to proceed with the step 4 you initially had trouble with!

If you can understand all this, I will try using this advice to update the installation page with better information.

Hello ECS,

I didn’t answer you because a French Internet user helped me and I managed to install /e/ on two phones.
One I bought to learn and my friend’s.

On the other hand, I have a new problem!
We had to exchange our devices (for a reason that takes too long to explain) and I end up with my friend’s email account xxx@e.email in addition to my account and she has my account yyy@e.email on her device in addition to her account.
the big problem is that I can’t delete these two extra accounts when I’ve been able to do so for all the others.
Only e.email accounts seem not to be able to be deleted easily.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely,
Pixef

Sorry, this is not a problem that I’ve run across before – I only have the one e.email account. @Manoj, have you heard of this problem before? Should Pixef submit a bug report?
Glad to hear that it’s up and running, though!

You should be able to delete an /e/ account from your phone. As a last resort you can manually flash your old device and then during the installation start with your friends ID. That way there is no ‘residue’ from your account still on your phone.