Installing Aurora Services without root

Hey there,

I successfully installed /e/OS on my Fairphone 4. Now I want to install Aurora Services. Since my phone is not rooted, I’m trying to install it as a system app following the instructions.

It fails when trying to push the APK to /system/priv-app. These are the commands that I already tried:

• adb rootrestarting adbd as root
  • adb push AuroraServices_v1.1.1.apk /system/priv-app/AuroraServices.apkremote couldn't create file: Read-only file system
  • adb remount
Skipping /system for remount
Skipping /system_ext for remount
Skipping /product for remount
Skipping /vendor for remount
Skipping /odm for remount
remount failed
  • adb shell mount -o rw,remount /systemmount: '/system' not in /proc/mounts
  • adb shell mount -o rw,remount /mount: '/dev/block/dm-5'->'/': I/O error
  • adb disable-verityDevice is locked. Please unlock the device first

The question is pretty simple :wink: what can I do to install Aurora Services without rooting the device?

Thanks!

Hello @mu88 Why not go to the website and download the .apk?:sweat_smile:

Most recent version, stable branch: https://files.auroraoss.com/AuroraStore/Stable/AuroraStore_4.1.1.apk

1 Like

Thank you guys for your replies! But please read carefully :innocent: I’m trying to install Aurora SERVICES, not the STORE, which comes later. Aurora Services is a system app running as background service which allows to install app updates automatically. Otherwise you always have to confirm each and every single app update within Aurora Store.

Anyways, I think my problem is more a general one, since basic adb commands are not working as expected.

You are correct, I misread your post! :upside_down_face: You might consider checking in with their support channel on Telegram: Telegram: Contact @AuroraDroid if you haven’t already…

No I haven’t, because it feels more like a general /e/ question to me. Because the same would also happen when trying to install MyApp.apk as a system app - it’s the basic adb commands that I don’t get to work properly.

It seems those instructions are wrong, maybe outdated
it is not

adb shell sudo mount -o rw,remount /system

but

adb root
adb remount

I got Aurora Services installed as system application on e/OS e-1.19.1-s on Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F/DS beyond2lte

Sometimes you just need to try on your own and find solution yourself. I share, as it would definitely help others.