Is Email or Snappymail down?

Neither the app nor Snappymail is receiving right now, been going on for hours now.

Update, I am receiving emails about 8-9 hours late. Is something with the planned Gallery maintenance on Thursday causing the issue? Everything on https://status.murena.io/ looks green.

???

I also received a mail very late, just to back you up :wink:

yep. The mail is accepted though by the mailserver. Hard to measure “delay until mail shows up” so to create an alert on it. Should be reflected on the status page @Manoj

Email seems mostly normal now for me. Some are taking up to 10 min to arrive, but at least it’s not hours & hours anymore.

Emails, by nature, does never come with any guarantee or quality of service specification.
As well as SMS.
You probably faced some delay-increasing retries, for unknown reason. Only the sending (from) server can reliably tell what happened.

receiving murena smtp took from sending smtp on first try - no retries. But that mail didn’t show up for a few hours out of murenas own plumbing. It’s reflected in the received chain timestamps. See internal LMTP hop taking almost 4 hours on 17th of January morning. You’d expect it to be instantaneous to a few seconds:

Received: from mail3.ecloud.global
	by mail3.ecloud.global with LMTP
	(envelope-from <tcecyk@example.com>)
	for <tcecyk@<murenasmtp>>; Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:57:21 +0000
Received: from example.com ([])
	(using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits)
	 key-exchange X25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (2048 bits) server-digest SHA256)
	by mail3.ecloud.global (Postfix) with ESMTPS
	for <tcecyk@<murenasmtp>>; Wed, 17 Jan 2024 09:00:29 +0000 (UTC)

As murena sent out status infos in the same hours to all accounts, maybe it has an effect on queue throughput, but I’d be irritated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.