Is it possible to import into ecloud old emails?

Replacing “mail.cloud.global” by “imap.ecloud.global” is not a good idea, because the SSL-certificate is set to the domain “mail.cloud.global”. So this will cause certificate-error messages when you try to connect to imap.ecloud.global.

I tried and it didn’t work ! Now it says that maybe my username or password is wrong but I know it’s right … I just tried it on ecloud …

Thanks guys for taking time answering me !

Did you try to change your password (temporarily) to some “easy/trivial” password? Maybe there’s some “special character” within your password working during web logon but not within the imap client?

It was a good idea, I just tried it but it didn’t work… :frowning:

1 Like

I forwarded this problem to the team … let’s see if they can help.

The team has not been able to identify any issues from the /e/ side. I was able to login to Thunderbird with my /e/ credential - no issues. The screen looks the same as what you have pasted here. If you are able to log in to /e/ here https://ecloud.global/index.php/login then my suggestion is you check with Thunderbird support and share the details with them.

We have reports of other users that autoconfig is broken since a few days. We will try to fix this once we find the time. Probably somewhen this weekend.
However that should not keep you from configuring the account manually as you tried with the help of others.
For your reference you will find the correct settings for the manual configuration here:

If that still doesn’t work but the login works on the web there is probably something broken within either one of your network, router (some maintain a list of trusted mailservers and do not allow you to reach others), your computers Antivirus or firewall software (quite often a problem), your provider (blocked ports) or the client software. To really troubleshoot this a coordinated session with you and me would be required in order to check server side during your attempts. You can get in touch with me via pm here or thilo at e.email if you want.
EDIT the approach of Markus to migrate old email via thunderbird works quite well.

Thank you all for your help and for keeping me updated.

@thilo, as my login works on the ecloud, I’ll pm you once I get some time, thanks!
(also I tried to disable my antivirus and firewall but it didn’t work).