Is it possible to remove certain pre-installed apps (e.g. app store)?

Hi!

I really like the concept of a privacy friendly OS for everyone! Therefore I am trying out /e/ now and have a few questions.

One of them is: Can I somehow uninstall the App store or at least deactivate it? The reason for my question is, that a rather well known German IT-Site (https://www.golem.de/news/datenschutz-e-will-google-ersetzen-2004-147396-5.html) wrote that the App store is based on Cleanapk.org and I feel uncomfortable using this is a source (the IT-site also rated this rather insecure). I would rather only use the aurora store or F-Droid.

Also, can I somehow hide the browser app from the main screen as I am using a different browser?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

pls search the forum for this topic. There are several post regarding ā€˜remove of default appsā€™

1 Like

You can hide every app with a different launcher. with Bliss launcher you canā€™t hide anything. Iā€™m using TotalLaucher from Aurora and with it you can modify what ever you want

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, that helps! I searched in the forum but just for ā€œremove App Storeā€, I guess I should have thought about ā€œdefault appsā€.