Is the Galaxy S9 a reasonable device to buy in general?

Hello, people!

I’ve been stuck for quite a while with this Poco X3 Pro which reboots itself every so often, and whose repairability has proven to be a nightmare here in Chile, so I’m looking to replace it with a different device.

I’ve grown extremely fond of /e/OS as an operating system, and thus I’m definitely looking to make the jump to a device that runs on a stable build of /e/. However, given that I can’t purchase any device from the store and that all stable devices that aren’t Samsung’s aren’t officially available here, I’ve seen myself limited to considering a refurbished Galaxy S9 and S9+, which are frankly devices I have my doubts over, primarily concerning performance sustainability.

I mean, I’m not expecting those devices to be as reliable as my phone, but I’ve heard and lived many of the bad things that give the Exynos processors a bad fame, and I’d love to know if any of you can tell me how those phones run /e/OS if my fears are true. (I’m especially asking in relation to the device’s performance with games like Call of Duty Mobile and Apex Legends Mobile).

Besides that, I’ve read the advanced install guide and so far it doesn’t mention anything about unlocking the bootloader, which makes me curious to know if this is indeed true, and I’d also love to know if this device is eventually bound to receive /e/OS versions R and S in the future.

I’m extremely interested in getting an /e/OS stable device so as to not depend on Magisk for properly testing and reporting on what Chilean apps work with it in a fair manner, as I’d really love to see it proliferate in my country. (And perhaps generate more demand to localize more things from /e/, like pricing in more currencies for cloud storage plans and discounts for countries with low purchasing power?)

Thanks in advance!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone