Is three a Murena One Manual?

Is there such a manual for the Murena One? Looking for a manual which explains features and how to’s for the apps which come along with the phone such as the camera. There is no documentation showing how many lens, though there are three, the settings, etc. The same with the stock browser and email client. Good to know.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

the main documentation page of /e/ helps and the howto category in this forum → enter a search term inside the howto category and it will offer to scope the search to the category you’re currently in (howtos) - I found this very useful.

There’s a list for all system apps at List of HOWTOs & add your suggestions

For switching lens in camera, that instruction is linked to the Camera Apps project docs where it explains to use the “Switch multi-camera icon” or “Switch Camera” to cycle through the lenses

2 Likes

I am searching a basic manual of Murena 2 since a while.
Gave the Murena 2 my wife, a person without any experience with smartphones and only get complains:
No basic manual. Not like it, but she is right.

• No help at all for newbees like description of the switches.
  • No basic info how to handle a smartphone at all.
    Did ask support team without any success.
    Only links who does not help, good for nerds, not for newbees.
    If we want normal people to use /E/OS we also have to offer basic info.
    Think it is a shame to not offer basic info to newbees.
    Who can help?
    I personaly use the fairphone 2 since about one or two years and do not ask support for insiders, just for beginners like my wife.

We do not have any guide for beginners for any device. This is a good suggestion. We assume users are already aware of how to use a smartphone and take it from there. Will pass on this feedback with the team and have them come up with a guide for absolute beginners.

1 Like

Thank you to think about guides for beginners.
That really will help to put e/OS to people without any experience and fear of google etc.
Let me know how if i can help.
Suggestion:
Will show the first guides to my wife and listen what she thinks about.
For sure i want help her and other beginners also.
Hope to hear soon.

PS:
made some experience with “freifunk.berlin”.
It is a shame.
There it is hopeless to get the people out of their “Nerd-world” in touch with no nerd people like neightbors etc… who do not use github.

Manuals for devices are mandatory in the EU, at least covering the hardware.
You can return the device if it comes without a manual describing the switches, as this is considered a faulty device.

Freifunk Berlin is a local initiative with the aim of setting up a free WiFi network across Berlin and offering free network access.

What would they have to do with giving smartphone advice?
Or is freifunk.berlin something different?

What about Topio? …

Slapping derogatory labels onto people is not a good approach when seeking help from them.
But there’s a pretty good chance you’re a nerd, too :wink: .

With Guidebooks, “our friend” GOOgle is addressing a broader audience. Even people who do not yet have much experience with Android or Google Pixel. In the Guidebooks everything important is explained online in a relaxed manner. This is a new kind of user manual and definitely worth imitating …?

1 Like