Issue with /e/ account during installation without wifi

Hello,
I installed /e/ on my phone but, since don’t have wifi availability, run the initial setup wizard using the data network. At the beginning of the procedure, I manually disabled wifi, and then activated data network at prompt.

All was fine, except when entering my /e/ account, cause the procedure doesn’t accept it if the phone isn’t connected via wifi. That’s really wasn’t a great problem: I skip the step and then, once eOS was started, set up my account from Setup.

Now I’m wondering if someone else have had the same issue or if this is a problem of my Unofficial Build.

Someone else experimented the same issue?
Thank you

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi Paolo,
Just wanted to clarify the steps you took

• Started up a fresh install on a device
  • Do not enable wifi but use mobile data during setup
  • Did not enter an /e/ account during start up
  • Completed the setup
    Once wifi network was available
  • Enabled wifi
  • Tried to add an /e/ account
    Pl can you confirm this is the sequence of steps you tried when you encountered the issue. Wanted to replicate it on one of the test devices to check.

Hello @Manoj,
this is the sequence:

• Started up a fresh install on a device
  • Do not enable wifi but use mobile data during setup wizard
  • Did not enter an /e/ account during start up
  • Completed the setup wizard
    Once started, without enabling wifi (Never used wifi on my phone!), but only using data network (LTE connection),
  • Added my /e/ account from eOS Setup on Bliss Laucher

My “problem” is that from initial setup wizard, only using data network (Not wifi!) was impossible to add the /e/ account, but have to complete the initial setup wizard and then, once started eOS, add the account.

Perhaps this is a choice from /e/ team that aims to avoid that users may deal with additional costs due to the sync of the /e/ account, but I never use wifi network…

Thank you