Issues with charging on the S9+

This was an issue reported by a user on the Samsung Galaxy S9+

Issue: When I plugged the phone into the a wall charger I received an error message (see attached picture). I tried 3 different charger types (varying output amps) and still received the same error message.

I am able to charge the phone on my laptop without getting this error message.

This charging does not work on my desktop.

I do not see this issue with the wireless charger

Possible Solutions that came up :

• Clean the port of your device.

• Try with different cable

• If you see a Mositure Detected error Try this

Turn Off Your mobile >> Plug in your it to the charger >> Power On the phone.
    It will remove the warning of “Moisture Detected” alert from the screen and allow mobile to
    charge from charger.
    Remember to let the charging get to 100%
    This should solve the ”Moisture Detected” issue.

• Start/restart the device >> while the device is booting (prior to the home screen displaying) >> plug in the charging cable

This will force the phone to bypass the warning and work like normal.

Any alternate suggestions ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

When I had this I think I solved it with cleaning the USB port with a pair of twizzers. I removed some lint and it was up and running again.

So your troubleshooting steps sound reasonable.

I have the same problem with the same phone using the last version of the firmware available today and what I managed to obtain is: now my phone recharge itself only from a SPECIFIC usb port of my laptop, not from everywhere else. Plus data is not enabled any more even in that port. All others port are ignored. I think that /eOS/ team would need to give a look at this issue. It quite annoying because it makes the phone useless, almost.

For the Samsung ”Moisture Detected" issue there is this official link. My device displays a water drop icon and will not charge | Samsung United Kingdom, note how the recommendation is to deal with “easiest things first”, but sometimes one needs to go further when

The water drop icon won’t go away even when dry

I read it but it was useless because the /e/OS has not such “USBSettings” system app installed. Instead, in /e/OS, it is named “Android System”.

However, I solved the problem following this procedure in combination with a modified version of the one above. I am describing here how I did.

1. unplug the smartphone from any USB cable.

2. go into app menu, show system apps, search for android system, remove the cache. Go into battery menu and switch of the fast charge.

3. switch off the smartphone

4. I have removed the cover and filled the USb port with denaturalised alcohol (rose alcohol, for cleaning) and I used a soft teeth brusher to clean the port. Then I used a air spraying can to remove the exceeding alcohol. If you do not have one, the use a hair phone. At this point the USB port would be cleaned and hopefully also clean from any kind of grease (which is the most probable source of interference).

5. Keep pressed the volume down button and switch on the smartphone. It will enter in the safe mode.

6. Better to repeat the same instructions at point #2

7. Connect the USB cable and everything would be OK again.

8. Switch off the airplane mode and wait that your smartphone battery is charged enough to male you feeling fine for a second attempt.

9. reboot the smartphone to get into normal operational mode.

That’s should be enough. Unless the USB port is damaged rather than dirty. I hope this helps, R-

1 Like