Issues with Spotify on 1.15 stable & 1.16 dev

I’m afraid my conclusions were premature. The prandom playback pause issue still doesn’t seem to be resolved

Having this issue on Murens FP4. Spotify Version 8.8.90.893, eOS 1.18 beta, though I had the issue before subbing to the beta channel.

Problem on pixel 5 too.
Temporary solution: force spotify to stop before each use.

If a script can be developed to reboot the app at each launch it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Probleme sur pixel 5 aussi.
Solution provisoire: forcer l’arret de spotify avant chaque utilisation.

Si un script peut être développer pour reboot l’appli a chaque lancement ce serait bien.

Merci d’avance

Same problem here on an FP4, currently with /e/OS v1.17 and Spotify version 8.8.92.700. I am quite sure the issue first appeared already under /e/OS v1.15 or 1.16. The lastest Spotify update solved the issue for a few hours (much to my relieve) but then the quick access control on the lockscreen went back to freezing, and the music started pausing again randomly. Besides that, all Spotify functionalities work.

Hi everyone! I have a few questions for yous:
1/ Anyone tested spotify on another type of device? I have a similar type of issues with spotify on linux with bluetooth devices.
2/ has anyone opened an issue with Spotify?
3/ does anyone using other music streaming services (deezer and the likes) on mur/e/na encounters similar issues?

I’ve spoken to people using stock Android who are having the exact same issue. So, it appears to be an issue with Spiffy, rather than with /e/.

3 Likes

I use Spotify on a Galaxy tab with android and on windows, none of these issues on either

Merry Cristmas Everyone!
I’ve been testing this version for a few days now: 8.8.78
Everything is working!
Obviously not a long term fix, more of a workaround while issue is reported to Spotify’s dev/support teams for investigation and fix.
Thanks funky Nicofonk for your downgrade suggestion!
In conclusion: this issue comes from Spotify

Where can I get the older Version/ downgrade the app?
Do I have to pause autmatic updates then in general or is there a way to limit it down to specific apps?

1 of the most reliable sources is apkmirror.
As for auto updates, I do not use them, but this is my personnal point of view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.