Kill foreground app

Hi, I’m coming from LineageOS 20 and I liked the kill foreground app function avaible via Settings > Buttons > Long swipe action > Kill foreground app.

This isn’t available in e/os V2 for OnePlus N200 (dre)
I could not see anythng similar in dev options either.

As it stands, swiping up makes the app go away. Going to Configuration > Apps > App Info; the app is still running as Force stop is displayed.

When killing the app, force stop is grayed out meanimg the app is not running.

Thanks.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Not sure if this is the same, but, Bliss launcher, if I swipe down quick settings twice, I see this at the foot of the screen.

Don’t see that on my device.
Just the gear and power buttons are shown.

This was on e-2.1-t-xxx-dev-ocean, I have not had the phone very long, I maybe didn’t see it straight off as it requires two pull down of quick settings, not certain if it preceded e-2.0-t. Not seen on 2.0-r- builds.

Anybody able to confirm if “kill foreground app” is available via Settings > Buttons > Long swipe action > Kill foreground app.

Thanks.

i find it on e-0.18-r, but not on e-2.1-r

1 Like

Salut Piero! Do you mind adding a screenshot showing the option in v18. Merci!

my bad, i firstly found it in e-0.18-r because it was not translated in french,

french interface :

english interface :

and i firstly don’t found it in e-2.1-r because it is bad translated :

french interface :

english interface :

BUT IT IS ALSO PRESENT IN e-2.1-r !

Flashed v2.0 again and I don’t see it.

What devices do you have Piero?

as i said it is in /e/OS-R (based on android 11 Red_Velvet_Cake)

the builds i use are
e-0.18-r-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-mini-serranoltexx (Samsung Galaxy s4mini)
and
e-2.1-r-20240606407290-dev-jfltexx (Samsung Galaxy s4)

the build you use is one of the /e/OS-T (based on android 13 Tiramisu)

Thanks Piero.

Anyone with a OnePlus N200 (dre) able to confirm if kill foreground app is available or not?

I just switched to /e/ for the first time, running v2.1-T on a vayu (poco x3 pro). There is no such option unfortunately and I really really miss it too. I came from crDroid where it was possible to choose this for “long press back button”. I loved the function and have been researching on whether there is any way to manually add this to system or an xposed module or sth, but I couldn’t find anything unfortunately. Seems like it needs to be provided by the ROM.
Would love to get this feature (back) into /e/ :slight_smile:

Two potential areas of investigation:

• in Settings/Battery then Battery usage, every non-system battery-eager app background activity can likely be changed
  • Developer mode activated, try Settings/System/Developer options, then Background check / Standby apps (set to Restricted if available)
1 Like