Kobo Books crashing

Hi all.
I first thought it was yet another app affected by the download issues, but the issues got resolved in the latest update and yet Kobo Books keeps crashing. I could use the app no probs on LineageOS (not sure if the same version), so I suspect it might be relying on some Goolag components that have been removed from /e/.
Questions:

1. Does anyone here have a Kobo Books account and could confirm if the app works for them in /e/, on any device?
  2. Anything I can do to try and fix the issue apart from waiting for subsequent updates of both the app and the ROM and hoping for the best?

I had a long conversation with Kobo Books support yesterday and they are looking into it, but I’m not exactly counting on them rebuilding the app for a custom ROM.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F, starlte)
ROM: 0.7-o-2019121233832-dev-starlte
Kobo Books: v8.13.25100.25100
Behaviour: I can install the app and log in, but after I’m past the login screen and in my account I get “Kobo Books has stopped, tap to re-open” and “Kobo Books keeps stopping”.

Thx.

Looks like Rudolph the Reindeer read my post and passed the message to Santa, as after today’s /e/ update my Kobo Books started working as designed. I assume it’s thanks to this:

2019-12-16 09:04:40 +0000 71c418f Romain Hunault [MicroG] Release e-v0.2.10.19420

Makes me think I was on the right track with my suspicion about Goolag components – but regardless of whether I was or not, thanks Santa!