Launcher reset to bliss avery shutdown/reboot + Delete all my widgets

Hi guys !

I’ve recently decided to customize /e/, and so I decided to change my launcher from bliss to Lawnchair2. Quickly I realized that every shutdown and reboot, my launcher switch from Lawnchair to Bliss. Yet, I’ve put Lawnchair as the default launcher app, but it switches to bliss each time my phone shutdown… :expressionless:
That’s pretty annoying. Besides, my widgets are being deleted. I have to put them on the screen each time.
Is it a known issue ? Can I do something to arrange that ?

Greetings,

:white_check_mark: Is known to be important.

You might try to give yourself a fresh start with both apps as

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > Lawnchair > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > BlissLauncher > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Repeat after, reset default Launcher may be needed.

Edit just a thought, you might test slowly / progressively to see if adding Icon packs for Lawnchair is the cause of trouble,

Hi @aibd,

Some fresh news. I clear only the cache as you told me to do firstly. It didn’t change anything. But, today, I wanted to take my phone as usual to check it and there was a bug. The screen was black with the date and the time. I couldn’t do anything, as nothing was working. After a few seconds, the screen went off as it went to sleep. If I pressed the power button, the black screen with the date appears, like if it was the locked screen. I forced the shutdown and I made it restart. Everything was working well again. I think there is a problem with the Lawnchair settings. I guess, when the phone boot, it can’t find Lawnchair, and the bug of this afternoon was due to the fact that the phone couldn’t find any launcher.
Don’t know if that comes from Lawnchair or /e/OS. I’m waiting for your answer to try what you asked me to do.
Thanks for your help !

My suggestion was and remains to Clear storage within both Launchers. Maybe also temporarily uninstall any icon pack.

I KNOW ! The lawnchair package was stored in my SD card !! Each time my phone boot, it doesn’t analyze immediately the SD card as inserted, which cause the booting bug ! But that doesn’t explain the bug of this afternoon. I switched the app from the SD card to the internal storage. I just rebooted my phone, it works !

Yeah. Back in the old days when installing apps on SD card was common (due to limited internal storage) there were certain apps that should not be.
Since launchers need to be available at boot they should never be installed on SD.

Caveat would apply to any other important app or tool that needs to operate as part of the system.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.