Lawnchair 14 beta 3 now in F-Droid

Hi everyone,

Lawnchair 14-Beta 3 is now available through F-Droid, via the IzzyOnDroid repository.

Lawnchair is an OpenSource launcher, based on AOSP Launcher3, that mimics the Pixel Launcher.
It’s my launcher of choice.

To add the IzzyOnDroid repo, you have to go to the F-Droid Settings / Repository and add :

https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/repo

It works well on my Fairphone 4 and Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, but it conflicts with BlissLauncher on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
I wish /e/OS would support this launcher as a second default launcher…

2 Likes

/e/OS will never support a second default Launcher, because, according to a senior member of the develpoment team (when discussing a merge request to allow using Trebuchet as the default Launcher / HOmescreen app)

An interesting side effect of the change is that, after completing first time setup, the user is offered a choice of which of the two launchers to use as default. I think this is a good thing, but I can see that it might not fit with /e/'s desire to promote Bliss, and to have a system that works ‘out of the box’, in which case some changes might needed to Setup Wizard. But that is beyond the scope of this issue and this MR

@petefoth That’s a nogo for us. Reading your message, it reminds me it’s the exact purpose of our modification.
We want our users to have a working system out of the box, without having to select many options. Users are then able to customize as they want, but at least at first boot it should work as it is.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed that /e/ do not let the user install trebuchet. From my point of view, trebuchet has a better looking UI, but having bliss is also a good deal as its UI is more apple-like, which is interesting for former apple user like me. I would just like to be able to use trebuchet, even if i have to do it myself so that /e/ can still promote bliss and have an out-of-the-box OS

Thanks for the info ! Trebuchet indeed no longer appear in the installed apps as before. However i tried installing it via apk mirror recensing all LineageOS app (-> here) but the trebuchet app for android 12 is for 12L and so won’t install. I tried the one for android 11 but it crashes when trying to open it… Am I missing something ?