Leaving Apple & Google: next /e/ release and what features are in the pipe

https://e.foundation/update-on-upcoming-e-services

Hello, is /e/ will continue to support NextCloud instance or only the /e/ fork of nexcloud in near future ? Cause there is already many device running genuine Next Cloud and it will be hard to flash a new /e/ cloud image from scratch

Hi @Nikoleos once the /e/ service images come up we will be focusing mainly on them but do not expect all the /e/ users to completely stop using NextCloud. We will support users using NextCloud or other such cloud storage options.

1 Like

:+1:t2: thanks for answering

@Eelo Tell me how it goes?
I want a pocophone too, it’s great if I can learn from your experience :grin:

Hi @donut3, i received my pocophone and i have flashed eelo on it. The biggest problem with that was unlocking the bootloader. You have too ask Xiaomi to do that for you and they take 72 hours to do that, while you have tot use your phone actively. That was very annoying. But after the bootloader is unlocked, its very easy to install eelo. I have been using it as my daily phone now for a couple of days. The only problem I encountered until now is that the camera was making very light pictures. But after tinkering with the options of the camera it works fine now. As i said i have been using the phone just for a couple of days now but im very pleased with it.
If you have any questions, pls ask!

2 Likes

Now that I have started using eelo and it is working like a charm, I will keep my promise ofcourse: I just donated to the eelo foundation.

2 Likes

@Eelo thank you so much!! Good to know. So far I don’t have any questions… I didn’t even get a Pocophone yet :frowning_face: but should be able to get one in awhile.
Thanks for doing the project though!
One question. How do you ask Xiaomi to unlock the bootloader? What do you mean by ‘using phone actively’?
:laughing::grin::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please go through the steps given here.

1 Like

Just read your question: You basically need to request to unlock any MIUI device. Then you need to wait (depending on your actual device between 48 and 360h until the actual unlock is possible. Further reading (to get already prepared): https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/xiaomi-poco-f1-unlock-bootloader-custom-t3839405
It sounds a bit complicated but don’t worry…

I had no idea too what they meant by using the phone “actively”. I just let the phone play YouTube for most of the 72 hours. And apparently that was enough.:innocent:

@Manoj thank you!!!:grinning: