LG - G3 (International) - d855 - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the LG - G3 (International) - d855 here …

1 Like

Hi /e/ community,

The steps given here did not work for my LG G3 (d855 v21a upgraded to Android 5.0)

So I did the following and successfully installed /e/ OS on my LG G3 d855 (this is not technical advice, only a description of what worked for me):
0. Take backup of all data

1. Root phone with Kingoroot app (download Kingoroot .apk then install from phone)
  2. Flash TWRP using Autorec (download .apk “(D855) LG G3 AutoRec-Lollipop Lollipop APK” on the phone, then install AutoRec app from the phone and tap “flash TWRP”)
  3. reboot in recovery (volume down + power, then again when LG logo appears) then within TWRP follow steps 3,4,5 and 6 from the the /e/ guide linked above
  4. download the latest /e/ OS .zip from here and push to phone SD card (for example : adb push e-0.14-n-2021013099019-dev-d855.zip /sdcard/, or copy straight to SD card your from PC using card reader or micro USB cable)
  5. Within TWRP tap ‘Install’ and select the above zip file from SD location
  6. Within TWRP do NOT accept to install SuperSU as that causes the reboot to fail

Hope this helps

Hi fs12345,
I’ve just read your post after it took me 3 hours to find and succeed with the same path that you described. :slight_smile:
(with same d855 v21a Android 5.0)
Only rooting was different for me. i used this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-newest-root-method-for-lg-devices.3129197/
( with ‘Newest root method V03 .zip’ )

by the way.
You installed Android Nougat, but since 2021/2/17 Android 10 is available!
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/d855/

1 Like

THX @Manoj

I already started - will take some time…

And is there any possibility to add something in Install /e/ on a LG G3 (International) - “d855”

The rooting guide is not very helpful - the D855LafToolkit v4.00 from here [How-To & Skript] Root, Custom-Recovery, Unlock & Bump: LG G3 Toolkit – Android-Hilfe.de makes it very easy

Thanks for sharing this link. Will add it to the guide.

I think the main problem in all the guides I think are the missing COM drivers - Sierra Wireless Snapdragon X7 LTE-A WWan Modem - and the fastbootdrivers.

In the D855LafToolkit all the drivers are included - the only thing you have to check is the ROM Version - mine was V21A, which is included in the toolkit - if not you have to change - the mirrors of the different ROMs ar in the description - evrything is automatic working you just start the toolkit.cmd and go to all 3 steps - just 1 enter, 2 enter, 3 enter… then just do the recovery and sidelode…

[
/e/OS documentation
Install /e/OS on a LG G3 (International) - “d855

Caution: Please note LG has stopped officially supporting the unlocking of its bootloader.

Please note: This warning is unnecessary for the LG G3 d855, because the bootloader can be unlocked for this device as and ever, because no LG 'unlock code' is required for unlocking, as for example for the LG G4 H815 or LG G5 H850 or other LG models.