[LIST] Apps that work or do not work with microG

And for me, the official K-9 Mail from F-Droid works better than /e/'s built-in fork called Mail. It can be installed alongside the built-in app, and will always be ahead of the fork in terms of bug fixes and new features. But you won’t get /e/'s colour scheme :wink:

I don’t like K-9 and its clones much in general, so for me it doesn’t really matter. I use the preinstalled Mail App since the LineageOS Mail App I installed initially (with far superior mail syncing behaviour compared to K-9 and a UI I like much more) somewhen gave up working with /e/OS, but it was nice while it lasted.

Papara, Uphold, and Hepsiburada applications do not work with MicroG.

Papara: It is a financial application that provides prepaid payment card, making payments, sending money, paying bills.

Uphold: Cryptocurrency is an web site`s application that can be traded.

Hepsiburada: It is a shopping site similar to Ebay.

We can log in to our account through the websites of the above applications. However, it is not possible to log in to our account through the applications.

“EU login” app, required in the near future for OTP autentication do not work in /e/.

Downloaded from app lounge anonimously is blocked by TC.

I was able to download and install it from Aurora Store. IT seems to run OK. Sadly, I can’t test it any further as I am no longer an EU citizen :frowning:

Thanks @smu44 for your advice.

I tried what you suggest here

i.e. the long press on the link, but “open in another app” seems no longer available.

For ebay Kleinanzeigen there seems to be a workaround to a least use the program. If you double tab on a menu point after a while the program is working normally and can be used. if the program does not work again one has do do the same double tab on a menu point

I know this might not be the right topic to ask about this, but here it says that the Pro versions of Simple Mobile Tools would be paid for. Is there an exception made in F-Droid, or what is the reason for not having to pay anything there?

F-Droid gets what developers give them.
You can also get the Thank You App for all Simple Mobile Tools Apps for free there … https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.thankyou/

OsmAnd is another example. OsmAnd+ costs money in the Play Store, OsmAnd~ (the same thing apart from the ~) is available for free in F-Droid.

If I got the FairEmail developer right recently, for all he sees the number of F-Droid users is currently negligible in comparison to Play Store users, so I guess there’s no big loss currently and no incentive for developers to think about this more seriously. And there might be idealists among them, too.

3 Likes

Hi, I have the trust level basic but I don’t see ant edit button on the first post.

Here’s my observation :

Working :
|Crédit Coopératif|Banking|fr|no|

Indeed, the Crédit Coopératif app is a copy of the Caisse d’Epargne app (named Banxo).
I can add the 2 apps to the first post.

The Monabanq app can also be added to the working list.

Anyone who got a workaround for using PayPal? It’s a real dealbreaker since I need it almost daily. If it can’t be used on Murena I need to switch to another ROM… That would be such a pity. I got almost anything else up and running :frowning:

Did you already try to downgrade the PayPal app as I described in the following post

A detailed description on how to find and download previous app versions you’ll find a few posts bellow.

@ManualS: I totally missed that! Will try tomorrow and report back!

Hi ManuelS! I was able to download that specific version, and I directly added it to my UpdateLocker (LSPosed Module) to prevent it from being updated. Unfortunately it has the same behaviour as the later version:

I can install it, start it, enter my email and password. Then I get the Catcha (or how that is called to make sure I’m not a robot). Finally I need to receive a SMS or a phonecall from PayPal to verify me. The phone has no(t yet a) simcard, but normally that SMS is just being sent to my registered simcard @PayPal. At that time I request the SMS the app crashes. Although it’s not sending out any SMS - it should just be received.

I will try on Monday the other option (I left the phone at work): they can call me to verify. See if that works. Thank you for the explanation so far and I will keep you posted!

Can confirm that it works! I’ve installed your suggested version and use UpdateLocker (LSPosed module root) to prevent updates. Perfect, thanks for helping out!

Hi. You have to tap on the pencil icon in the first post but if it doesn’t work, you have to grant some other permission in order to do that.

All apps work on 2 phones sake and channel with magisk delta (magisk hide is back :slight_smile:
For me.

Without magisk delta the app ‘payconique’ is not working. I’m on v1,2 on the 2 phones

1 Like

Here to report about the Credit Suisse app. Login and basic stuff works, but one of the most useful things, namely bill scanning, doesn’t. So I’d evaluate it more towards not working than working as this is …

App name | Description | Country | gg | note
Credit Suisse | E-banking app for the Credit Suisse bank | ch | no | Bill scanning DOESN’T work

Contrary to which reported on the table of non-functioning apps, on my Samsung S9 with preinstalled /e/OS I’ve been using the ‘Banca Etica’, ‘NexiPay’ and ‘Satispay-IT’ apps regularly for the last 8 months without ever having experienced any problem!