[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

Hello, I checked more carefully the french “Crédit Mutuel” app.
Without a Google account
I can : open the app and access all information
I can : use the app to validate operations made on a computer
I can NOT : add a new beneficiary for bank transfer
I can NOT : make a bank transfer, event to a already registered beneficiary

In both cases that do not work I have the following message : “not authorized because you do not use notifications”.

Removed

except ‘scan QR’

from Argenta app, QR scan works fine.

I am running latest /e/ 1.19.1 on Fairphone 4. Installed via EasyInstaller, Bootloader locked and Bootloader Unlock allowed=OFF.
In microG everything looks OK: Selftest all OK, device registration, Cloud-Messaging, SafetyNet all turned on.

Problem: The contactless payment-App “RaiPay” is not working although the normal Banking App “Mein Elba” is working. This is needed for managing the account and TAN but can not handle NFC-Payments.
Looking at the list in the first post RaiPay should be working.

Can anyone help what i could check to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I tried to check SafetyNet with YASNAC, but it crashes when starting check. In other apps Check fails.

Brazilian app NEON (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=neon&c=apps) does not work at all. It does not pass the login page, as like some other banking apps, it requires both play services and play store installed and certified.

Can you be more specific what they had to activate? I got error message 153 and contacted the bank customer support, but they just stubbornly said it won’t work without Google…

In my case, when contacting my support person regarding the error message, she said she would have to activate my phone number specifically for app usage. As I understood, this would have been some sort of internal procedure (like adding my number to a database or some such).
However, I never went through with it all the way. While I wanted to test it, I prefer a PC for banking and deinstalled the app before finishing the setup.
But there are others in this forum who seem to actually using the ELBA app, they might be better suited to help you…

I’d like to add a comment for the ASN Bankieren app.

The set up doesn’t work properly (presumably due to the degoogled ROM), but after I did the set up on my old phone (which still has google play services), I got an account and was able to properly log in and use this new account in my /e/OS FP4 phone. No issues with payments, QR codes or anything like that.

Just the set up doesn’t work properly at the moment.

Thank you! @schluchti helped me. It turns out I had microG Device Registration inactive.

With all microG enabled, and development settings disabled, it worked.

:+1: :+1: Great it worked out for you!

Canada: Bank apps for Tangerine and BMO have always work on Fairphone 3. Still do on version 1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-FP3
If that is any help for your list.

Spain: add Banc Sabadell, downloaded from App Lounge

Hello there,
I want to switch my Fairphone 4 to e/OS but it is not clear to me if Starling Bank app will work, I have seen old posts about it going both ways. Anyone knows the [current] answer?

France: Hello Bank!

Vendor Name : Xiaomi
Device name : Poco F2 Pro
Device CodeName : lmi
Version of /e/OS which existed previously : 1.20-t
Last version installed : 1.21-t-20240325389105-dev-lmi (Android 13)
Is the device rooted : yes

The “Hello Bank!” app does not accept anymore the “digital key” to be installed : I can’t do internet payments (this was possible with the previous versions).

France - Banque Populaire - Banque Pop : Fonctionne très bien sous 1.20 et 1.21 Stable.

Maybe not banking apps in the general term. But F-droid have Agoradesk for buying and selling bitcoin p2p with no kyc or Registration required.

Which is really worth mentioning imo!

Maybe anyone Kind and could tell me if the Commerbank App pair in function ? Please

The online Banking app for “Bank Austria” is working since update 1.20
:slight_smile:

In Norway, Nordea ID and Nordea Mobile work fine. However, Vipps doesn’t work any longer (activation never ends).

For those considering the Dutch ING banking app: QR scanner on ING Bankieren app stopped working months ago. Since I didn’t see any posts here about ING in particular, I assumed it was just me :roll_eyes: and have been pursuing their helpdesk. Yesterday, they finally confirmed the app now needs Google Play Service (a more general problem, I gather). Did point out to them that their colleagues at Triodos have now made their app (and QR) fully working on e/os (as well as earlier the government authentication app DigiD), but that didn’t impress them (“we cannot comment on future plans or changes”)… Disappointing. Note that when paying online with ING (IDEAL) and being presented with QR code, there is also a small print link below to bypass QR and pay with online banking instead of app. That works.

1 Like

Which version of the ING app are you talking about? I am running 2024.8.0.0 on e.os v1.21 and the QR code scanner still works…