[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

Vipps works, so long as you don’t fill inn any text when you try to transfer money. Transferring works as long as you leave the text field empty.

This is very strange. If anyone knows a fix for this, please reply :-).

Exactly what I experience. This is indeed strange.

A probable cause might be shared Google libraries that are stripped away from the rom.

Installed Wise app on /e/OS 1.17 T, using AppLounge.
Got a warning about insecure device at first launch, but could acknowledge and app is running fine so far :slight_smile:

The Triodos App has problems with the internal QR / Foto
When the app is already installed the QR is not working so mobile banking is working but Internet banking not. The QR is used for authentication.

When you need to install the Triodos app fresh the app has is not activating the camera for making the necessary authentication picture. So you can not use the Triodos App

For Triodos, this thread might be interesting:
https://mastodon.nl/@voorstad/111522369171147971

(Dutch)

Yes, this is a known problem, also here on the forum. To install the app you need to use the identifier and when installed, need that identifier to do your internet banking. My identifier was de-activated, but I called Triodos I was having problems installing the app. They re-activated the identifier for me and I could install the app. I don´t use the app for internet banking. When Triodos decides to get rid of the identifier, I won´t be able to do banking on my pc anymore. So fingers crossed.

1 Like

I am stalking Triodos about this :wink:. More and more banks are going this road. Making banking without smartphone impossible :thinking:

1 Like

And why? Why should people only do their banking with a smartphone? The identifier and other tools work perfect and are not less safe, I think. Apart from that, one should be able to do their banking without a phone. So, banks would have to make their identifiers and such more safe than they already are. It’s a strange trend. Is it all about controlling the masses, just like the rumour that they want to ditch real money like coins and banknotes and do it all digitally?

Not only what Klaas says, buy it is perfectly possible for banks to have their apps work with Lineage or /e/OS. It’s just ignorance, arrogance or a total lack of what their customers want. I use Openbank, Blockchain, S-ID, Consorsbank, N26 and PayPal on my /e/ device all without problem. If your bank refuses, just make clear on social media that for THAT specific reason you are leaving them. Plenty of choice.

1 Like

Bank: Banca Credito Cooperativo
App: Relax Banking
e/OS: 1.18
Phone with unlocked bootloader, every thing is working fine. With LineageOS with MicroG I had to use Magisk Hide.

/e/OS is based on LineageOS, so it’s remarkable that you have to use Magisk with pure LineageOS.

That might depend on the fact if you are using a stable or a dev build. Stable mostly no prob but many /e/ releases are dev.

Yes, but Dr. Magu is saying that on /e/OS everything works fine, but not on LineageOS with MicroG. Probably /e/OS 1.18 is the stable version and the LineageOS was a dev build.

All LineageOS for MicroG builds are ‘user-debug’ builds (like /e/'s ‘dev’ builds). They do not make ‘user’ builds (like /e/'s ‘stable’ builds).

EDIT: And many banking apps do run on devices running LineageOS for MicroG

1 Like

The e/OS i’m using is a dev build like the LineageOS i was using until last week. With LineageOS the app was seeing the ulocked bootloader and so i had to use Magisk Hide. With e/OS 1.18 dev there’s no need to use Magisk at all becouse the app doesn’t see the bootloader unlocked state.

But LineageOS does have stable builds, does it? Do the Google Apps, like Mindthegapps, which can be installed next to it, make the whole ‘unstable’?

Sorry I have no idea about ‘normal’ LineageOS. I only know about LineageOS for microG

/e/OS (v1.14 and above) has better built-in app support than LineageOS, both STABLE and DEV :

https://mastodon.social/@gael/110974479780696140

The “Easy Banking” Belgian app from BNP Paribas Fortis bank used to work perfectly before. Now, the QR code scanner part of the app does not work anymore : technical problem, try again later, it says. But trying later never ever solved the problem.
The rest of the app is okay.
Problem with the camera app ??? Or cam-related prob ???
eOS 1.18