[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part II

In last year’s November newsletter it said:
“Exciting news for Samsung Galaxy S7 users: an upgrade to Android 11 is on the horizon, expected to arrive in early 2024.”
Unfortunately I couldn’t find the S7 in either list.
Are there any news on the Samsung Galaxy S7 update?
Would greatly appreciate it, because my phone currently runs on /e/OS 1.17 and says that I got the latest version installed.

Is mentioned here …

2 Likes

The lists are about Android 13 (T).
herolte and hero2lte are about to get Android 11 (R).
S7 Edge (hero2lte) has an R build available already for manual install, it seems … https://images.ecloud.global/stable/hero2lte/

1 Like

Try this build e-1.19.1-t-20240111-UNOFFICIAL-herolte.zip by @ronnz98

Update
For installing @roonz98 build via Windows Odin3 you can use: recovery.tar.md5

1 Like

I’m trying to install this build, but e Recovery can’t verify the signature. Seems weird, since it is a stable build from /e/.

What exactly is installed now? Please refer to [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

@AnotherElk : Thanks for your quick replies. Greatly appreciate it.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F);
Android Version 10; /e/OS-Version 1.17-q-20231110351091-dev-herolte;
Build Date: Fri Nov 10 19:07:03 UTC 2023

Then a hero2lte (S7 Edge) build is not for your device, since /e/OS seperates the two, even if simultaneous OTA upgrades seem to be coming.

So, I can only hope and wait? Is that correct?

Yes. Or else …

Hi all.

Currently on e os 1.17 Q on the S7.

How can I install @roonz98 custom rom without losing data and apps? Can it be done?

I presume this unofficial rom will not get OTA updates. Correct?

Alternatively, any idea when the official e os version will be released?

Many thanks

Happy to see that the motorola pstar will get a T update. Any idea when will this be released?

Many thanks in advance and many thanks for everyone’s efforts

1.20-t was released yesterday. Images and OTA updates will be available soon!

Still no 1.20-t for FP4?
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP4/

This will be the first time I upgrade /e/OS (on beyond0lte and gta4xlwifi). There is no upgrade manual on the device pages.

I assume I need to backup my data first and then upgrade by following the command line instructions for install. Correct?
How do I do the backup of my data?

Hello, If the upgrade is handled automatically through “OTA/OverTheAir” in-OS update then you will have nothing do except accepting the update modification.

I you want to upgrade manually, then make a full copy of your internal storage folder on a PC, then you may follow this guide (redundant partially with murena cloud data) and also use the seedvault integrated backup tool to try to recover some app data ( look inside this forum for a thread on the topic, I advise you to save the seedvault backup on USB stick or memory card, then to restore it, you need to go in the phone dialer app and type something like #restore# in 1-9digits)

Everything is explained in the weekly update, that’s where you should find the information (this thread is not really more than what it title says, a list):

Thank you, @AnotherElk . I did wait and just got the newsletter that /e/ is “thrilled to have Samsung Galaxy S7/S7+ models upgraded to Android 11!”
My phone still tells me I have the latest update. I guess I have to do it manually.
Can someone please tell me which build I need to use and if I have to backup everything if I install this build manually and upgrade to Android 11? As always I greatly appreciate all replies.
If this is the wrong thread to ask these things, I’m happy to ask somewhere else.

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F);
Android Version 10; /e/OS-Version 1.17-q-20231110351091-dev-herolte;
Build Date: Fri Nov 10 19:07:03 UTC 2023

I received the Herolte OTA update yesterday and everything looks good.

The general guidance has been to treat this as a new install. So you should work on having a good backup. Our Upgrade pages were withdrawn.

I cannot unpack a full answer right now but as this question, except @Xxpsilon suggestion to go unofficial, is not about the T build (which in general has a different upgrade process) I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread and / or check whether a similar thread exists.