Login to PagerDuty (via OAuth) using builtin browser doesn't work?

I’m having trouble getting the PagerDuty Android app to authenticate. PagerDuty uses OAuth via the browser, it directs you through a login process in my case via Okta then Duo, then finally back to a login page. I am coming from LineageOS w/ MicroG, and PagerDuty login did work there.

At the end of the login process you are dropped onto a page that says “Please wait…” I believe at this point it’s trying to have the browser return the token to the PagerDuty app.

I have done some investigation, it looks like this is an issue with Bromite, it should be reproducible by getting a free account with PagerDuty (though i have not tested this).

Other forks of Bromite also have the same issue https://github.com/GrapheneOS/Vanadium/issues/93 for example. But i couldn’t find the same logs via logcat, maybe it’s not logged anymore?

It’s made worse by PagerDuty not respecting the default browser, so i can’t find a way to disable the default browser (Bromite) so that i can use a different one that may work better for this login process.

Is there an easy way to remove the default browser temporarily so I can pass this login step?

Ok, i managed to work around it by running

1. Remove the default browser adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 foundation.e.browser
  2. only have Brave browser installed, and use it to authenticate to PagerDuty
  3. Restore the default browser adb shell cmd package install-existing foundation.e.browser
1 Like

if you can run adb, you could create a logcat to enhance that vanadium issue. Without one bug attribution is hard.

I do wonder why the uninstall did help you and not just setting the default browser to something known to work (brave).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.