Looking for a used phone with /e/ installed

Hi,

I’m currently using a preinstalled /e/ FP3 for almost 4 years, and I’m happy with the OS, but the phone is starting to get a bit slow for me. I want my FP3 to become my secondary /e/ device in case something happens to my phone to have a quick replacement (cant’ be waiting for a new phone for a week, due to work reasons), and get a better specs /e/ phone to become my daily device.

I’ve been thinking about buying a FP5 with /e/ preinstalled but, apart from being quite expensive, my boyfriends 3 year old FP3 with Fariphone OS experienced sudden death, as the motherboard stopped working (I searched in Fairphone forums, apparently it’s a problem that’s happening to quite a few FP3), which made my a bit esceptical with Fairphone. Now I’m having doubts if my next /e/ phone should be a Fairphone. The problem is that there is no much choice: in the website, all Murena phones are out of stock but Fairphone 4 and 5!

I dont have time or trust myself with the Easy INstaller, I see many cases of people getting stuck or bricking phones, I dont want to go through that.

That’s why I thought maybe it could be a good idea to buy a used phone with /e/ OS preinstalled that has a bit better specs than FP3 (at least 8 gb ram, 128 GB with micro SD card slot and good battery life (or possibility of putting new battery)). If anyone has such a phone and is willing to sell, I will be happy to hear offers.

Regards,

Garazi

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I have buyed the FP5 at Belsimpel and yesterday flashed my PF5 succesfully to e/OS.
My old phone is an Asus Zenfone 8 Gb, 128GB memory and on good condition with e/OS installed.
You may buy my phone and if you are buying the FP5 i can help you with installing e/OS.
I´m very happy with the FP5 especially with eOS 2.0.
And yes…Fairphone must be a phone for the long term, but i do not really believe that this phone is good enough after 4 years. But i think that i would buy the FP6 on that time.

Fairphone use this
It is still cheaper than a recent Iphone with less specs for that money.

In my opinion, fairphone uses sustainability as a sales tool to sell new parts in addition to their product. Just like McDonalds does. If you buy a device from them and you have to buy new parts within 2-4 years, you will ultimately pay the same as if you were to buy 2 devices within 4 years with a normal device.

Only time will tell, but I don’t think I’m far off.

Google Pixel Devices are relatively cheap and easy to find. Solid phones. You would have to do the install yourself.
fastboot and adb are pretty easy to use. But I guess it depends on the person and learning curve.

-Nate

I second this - I snagged a refurbished Pixel off Ebay for a very reasonable price and have been very happy with it.

I like Pixels too, specially because of its compact size, but unfortunately they dont have micro SD card slots, which is a deal breaker for me.

1 Like