Looking for feedback on /e/OS with Oneplus nord

Hi,
Has anyone here installed /e/OS on the (theoretically supported) Oneplus Nord ?

• does /e/OS produces nice pictures like the oneplus usually does with android?
  • does /e/OS support the macro lense of the Oneplus Nord?
  • is the installation process any risky? (I really don’t want to brick my phone)
    Thx for any feedback!
    C.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello, i use it, and it is working nicely in release 1.7, the hardware works good

(i have a few slow downs when swapping from one app to the other, like a freeze of 1 sec, and sometimes the keyboard that disapear since release 2.0)
Photos are good in good conditions of light. (mean i’m satisfied with it, even if not as good as original rom)

i never used macro lense in oneplus,

the process says you must be on android 12 do to the swap, but that was not working, i had to downgrade to android 11 to make it install /e/os (tips found in forum)

Hello,

I didn’t manage to install it, and I switched to Lineageos…

@terminal, how did you downgrade to android 11 ?
I struggled to get clear informations.

I’ve been on a Oneplus Nord for a year now and I am very happy about it. the newest version 2.1 works well and after a bit of tweaking the ui I am happy (migrating from iOS).
I recently considered changing to Lineageos to get the newer Android version, but I might just change to the community maintained T (Android 13) instead. As i remember installing, I just followed the instructions and it was pretty smooth sailing.

When i installed eos on my nord it was the first times i was doing this type of things.
I bricked the phone and i’ve been able to unbrick it with the tools found online.
Now i’ve put the 2.1 on android S as i want something stable and all it seems running fine but i’m still testing.

About the other questions, idk as i’m not a picture addict.

After all i’m very satisfied about my nord with e os.

I’ve been using /e/OS on a OnePlus Nord for several years now and it has consistently improved.
I highly recommend it.
Went from being somewhat challenging and not fully functional to quite bulletproof and really seamless.
I have installed 5 times now on different devices including one time when I bricked this one and recovered it same as pablohc86
Ironically, the only complaint I have is the camera is TERRIBLE.
I never tried it with the stock Oxygen OS so no idea if its an /e/OS thing or what.
Probably the worst part if the panorama. Have almost never been able to get it to work.

This topic was automatically closed after 179 days. New replies are no longer allowed.