Magic earth freezes on v.1.21 - S7 edge

Hello,

Magic earth doesn’t work anymore on my Samsung S7edge (1.21) since updating to 1.20.

The localisation works but as I start moving it doesn’t follow me and freezes at the starting point. I disabled Advanced Privacy, updated the app, and it still doesn’t work.
I guess it is the app because the gps is Ok : I tried Waze instead and it works well.

Any idea? @murena.cloud.team will this be fixed on the next updates ? Or is possible to downgrade to 1.17 that I used just before 1.20 ?

I really dont’t want to continue using waze :grin:

Thank you!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It is often worth Clearing Cache after an update.

If this does not help try Clear Storage, but this will cause a “Fresh start” with Maps.

Settings - Apps - See all … apps - Maps - Storage - Clear Cache.

MagicEarth is Version 1.27. You should install an Update

for one user ME (7.1.23.49 in /e/ v1.19) freezed because maps were stored on sdcards. Does this relate to you in anyway?

Yes I tried, it still freezes…

Magic Earth 7.1.24.2 on murena 1.21

On fairphone 4 my maps has started freezing in the last 3-4 months or so. Mine starts and will just randomly freeze, sometimes 20 mins, sometimes and hour. I hav tried clearing storage and cache, but no change. Restart phone will unfreeze it temporarily. I had to download waze in despearation, which has it’s own issue, which is audio decides to stop working at random intervals! This is the freedom lifestyle though!! My version of maps shows as 7.1.23.49

It works well since murena version 2.0 !

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.