Magic Earth history

Can anyone explain the purpose of the three icons at the bottom of the ‘History’ screen in Magic Earth?

From left to right:
what looks like an open box,
an S shape like a route symbol,
a map location symbol.

The first two show exactly the same list of routes for me: the last ones displayed (up to 50 listed). The third one is empty.

I use Magic Earth only for route planning / estimating journey times, not for live navigation, so this may explain what I’m seeing.

I’ve searched here and in Magic Earth support but can’t find them mentioned anywhere.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

My search of history suggests:

Open box – All history
S wiggle – All routes
:round_pushpin: – seems all locations I have saved as Contacts or Favourites, or laid a pinpoint on

2 Likes

Thanks!

With a 50 limit for history items I’ve always kept it for recent routes only and removed any searches straight away, hence I’d not noticed the difference between the first two icons (until I tried it just now following your reply).

The map pin icon is working slightly differently for me. It does not list any of my existing favourites, nor a new one added by dropping a pin. It does, however, list places searched for.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.