Mail-in your phone is in beta testing!

What is needed to make a flashing station? Is this something that current users could set up for local flashing events? As a way to spread /e/ outside of Europe.

4 Likes

Je peut poster en français ici?

Would be nice to speak English.
https://deepl.com

I’m trying…I don’t know if it’s a private person who offers the installation service of /e/. Thank you

Hi @IlarioQ right now it is in testing phase as mentioned above. We will share details on how to send in your device for installation on this thread.

Sorry I didn’t understand! I’m looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Software runs on raspberry pi?

I think so. Will check and get back.

There is a raspberry pi on the table hidden under the blue thing on the picture, and you can see a part of the raspbian logo on the top left of the screen so I think it runs on a Raspberry Pi :slight_smile:

@Manoj @alexis any way that /e/ could provide a download page of software, a detailed description of how to build the flashing station?

At present we will not be able to share the flashing stations code as parts of it are still under development. We are planning on releasing a easy installer in early 2020 to help users do the installation themselves.

3 Likes

I like this project, when is it going to be in gitlab?

Hopefully soon!! ETA’s are not available.

So once this is up and running someone could send in a phone from the US or anywhere as long as its on your supported list?

We will start with EU and then spread out to other locations.

1 Like

Not sure if the foam is such a good idea (environment friendly wise)

3 Likes

Very good hint. Better use wood chips or recycle paper stripes.

But please also.no corn chips or other stuff which is normally food. Thx

3 Likes

On another point: is the “/e/ install app” still in development…? We discussed this earlier on the forum somewhere I think. I really think anything that makes installing /e/ easier and doable for laypersons deserves investment! Thumbs up if you agree!!

Can I participate in the testing :)? I have 2 devices that I just bought that I need to convert to /e/