Mail-setting partly ignored

Hi there,

I’m really happy with e.foundation on my Sony Xperia XA2 for a long time now, wonderful OS.

Since the update from 0.10 to 0.13, I’m having some problems with the built-in mail app:
Pushmail doesn’t work anymore, no new mails are coming in this way.
My notify-settings are ignored: LED-colour, ringtone on/off and vibration on/off. The default settings (red LED, standard ringtone + vibration) are active.
The worst thing: If there are coming in more mails at once, every single mail triggers the ring tone and the vibration seperately, so every mail produces a notify action somehow, which results sometimes in one minute rings :slight_smile:
I’ve already tried backing up settings, delete all data, importing my accountbackup.
Also as I created a new account without the backup, the settings are still ignored.

Any Ideas what I could do here?

I made two issues some days ago, (1) and (2).

I can’t confirm that the mail app doesn’t receive push messages. In my case it does very well from three different IMAP servers. Probably it would be a good idea to delete the existing mail accounts and create them new from scratch. You must also be sure to allow background synchronization (set it to “Always”) in the global mail settings.

1 Like

Hi all,
I have the same problem. I’m using the builtin mail-app “foundation.e.mail” version 5.600 since the beginning on my Galaxy S8. Up to some weeks it worked fine.
Since july 2020 I am happe to have a google-free Equipment.

But since about 6 weeks my mail-settings are ignored. Periodic retrieving of my emails all 5 minutes is ignored. To get new emails I have to retrieve manually. This is very annoying. I have created some SmartHome Apps which send an notifying-email when a limit value is exceeded. My “lazy” mail-app suspends this feature.

What means “background synchronisation”? I don’t want synchronisation with any clouds or data-pools. Exactly this is the reason why I have decided to use /e/ OS.
My email-account is pop3-account, this is an one-way communication a synchronisation is therefore unnecessary.

What can I do to get my automatic periodically retrieving back?

I appriciate your support.