Maltranslations in DavX

Appearently /e/os provides the DavX app, including some very silly maltranslations to danish. Is there a way to contribute correct translations? The mal translation does not appear to exist in the DavX translations on transiflex any longer. Specificly, in the account settings in /e/os, the address book is labeled with something that translates back to english as “customer manager”. Google translate from “account manager” I guess.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Sure! Here’s how: How to use Weblate

1 Like

Ok, I could create a github ID and get to the translation, but only suggest some strings. Is there someone checking them and applying them, og communicating with me?

I think someone will review and apply your translations.
At least, it’s very common to see “Updated translation for…” in commits comments :wink:

Maybe @Manoj could help with the validation process?

1 Like

There are tons of errors due to lack of knowledge about danish, and use of automation with too little context. So I hope my contributions can be used :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ideally, we need two translators for a language. One to make the changes and the other person to validate. Not sure if anyone is doing the validation in Danish. Will pass this feedback on to the translation team manager

2 Likes

Thank you @Manoj
It would be nice with someone to review. Somtimes it is really hard, I can’t even find all the strings in the interface, but I have been over all strings sin Account Manager, and it will be much more understandable and correct for sure, even if I made a few mistakes. :wink:

1 Like

It seems you are the only one helping with the Danish translations.