Massive 5G problem at least in Germany with e/os on Fairphone 5

Owning a FP5 with e/os for some days I found a real problem using this combination. FP5 has (had) a big problem with 5G, basically switching from LTE to 5G and back made it often unusable, mobile connection brakes completely.
I read at Fairphone this thread:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/5g-network-not-working-with-telekom-germany-after-a-127-update/103648/121

It ends with a fix being spread by update. But this is for the delivered Android 13.
So now, where is this fix in e/os? At least not in v1.20 from February 2024.
This means you cannot use 5G with e/os / FP5 . Thats really annoying.
What now? How can I fix the problem?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I have the impression that after the 1.21 update the FP5 does work again with 5G in germany. I have only tested for some hours now, but it looks promising. Phone is very stable at 5G on location where it was completely unusable before.
Lets see how the next few days work out!

Two weeks later I can confirm that 1.21 really solves the 5G problem in Germany. Everything works like charm.
Great work!

2 Likes

The only thing left I can say about a month later that e/os still soft reboots every now and then. Which means you loose the BT connections and have to login again (in my case by PIN).
And I opened another thread because of VPN not working elsewhere here.

This topic was automatically closed after 46 days. New replies are no longer allowed.