Meet the Bliss Launcher -/e/OS’ default launcher

Hi is this the right channel to post to about issues with Bliss Launcher?
Mostly I’m already a bit annoyed by the fact that Bliss Launcher constantly forgets my home screen configuration. Forgets Folders, symbol arrangements and the arrangement of symbols in the lower bar.

Hi @heartshapedbox. You can report issues in our gitlab.
You will need a seperate account.

Ok will do. Thx for the hint

Hi is there a way to have a separate home page, screen or app drawer for a work profile using bliss launcher?
(an example of this would be shade launcher)

1 Like

There is no such a feature but I guess you can simply create a new local session/user/account on your phone for work.

that’s a great idea though, perhaps post it as a feature request on gitlab.e.foundation ?

I have set that up here (hopefully ok)

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/1035

Seriously, I think I spent half an hour on this, also there should be some kind of help or any kind of reference/small help easily available, I tapped and long tapped everywhere, looked inside the “add widget” option. It was almost faster to actually build the whole Pie for XA2, albeit on a really fast machine and after everything was transferred (this is where the heat wave in Europe is coming from) :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awful. I don’t want weather on my home screen. There is no reasonable std source for weather at my location.

3 Likes

If you don’t want the weather to be displayed :

1. Remove the location permission of Bliss Launcher
  2. Clear data of Bliss Launcher
4 Likes

Loving the latest iteration of the Bliss Launcher.

For over a year I stayed away from it because the icon locations kept scrambling and a few other glitchy things.

Returned to it a few days and I think it is fantastic now. Everything to do with the phone is much “snappier” and smoother now.

Great jobs all, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Hello, I have Q 10, I see I can have a second screen if I swipe to the left. how can I make the second screen come up first with only the icons I moved there.

If none of that is possible, I used to use the Nova launcher overlay…what do you recommend for a cleaner initial display with only the icons I want?

And one other question how can i save a bookmark to my “desktop” ( launcher) I can with firefox but wondered if Bromite could as well. or is that a different forum?

Thanks for all the hard work!!
Cheers!

I would recommend

• ‘Lawnchair 2’ from Aurora store
  • ‘Lawnchair’ from F-Droid
  • ‘Open Launcher’ from Aurora store.

All three behave pretty much like the stock Android launcher: multiple pages, add icons wherever you want, only shpw the apps you choose on the Homescreens

After using all three (and a brief spell with ‘Nova’, I now use ‘Lawnchair 2’. I particularly like the fact that the size of icons and text, and the number of rows and columns in the homescreen, are all configurable. The fact that ‘OpenLauncher’ can’t resize icons is the main reason I moved pn from that.

These are my Launcher settings, which gives room for 7 rows and 5 columns on the homescreen, even on my phones small (4.6 inch) screen

Desktop

• 5 x 7
  • Icon size 75%
  • Text size 75%
  • Add Icon new shortcuts to Desktop: On
  • Notification dots on

Dock

• Dock style: Custom
  • Height scale 75%
  • Custom dock opacity: 0%
  • Show arrow: off
  • Show page indicatore: On
  • Number of icons in dock: 5
  • Icon scale 75%
  • Transparent dock: on

Search

• Dock
    • Show search bar off
1 Like

Hey Thank for quick reply. one other question about Bliss,

At the very bottom there is a area for favorite icons I assume but i don’t have anything there so its this blurry patch that sits empty and it obscures the really nice /e/ wallpaper, can that be removed? or is it part of the launcher real-estate?
I will look at Lawnchair 2 also.

That’s usually known as the ‘Dock’, and it has the same content whichever homescreen page you are on. In my (limited) experience, it is usuall pre-pupulated with icons for Messaging, Phone, Browser and Camera apps. You can change what’s on there

• If all four slots are used, drag* the one you want off teh Dock area onto a homescreen. It has to be one with a space, or the drag won’t work. If all your current screens are full, drag it up, then right, off the right side of the last screen, and a new page gets created.

• Drag the icon you want from the homescreen onto the dock

* To drag an icon, press it and hold it until it, and all the other icons start wobbling :slight_smile: (sorry, this behaviour always makes me giggle!). Without releasing the icon, slide it to where you want it to go.)

‘Dock’ is the word I was looking for :slight_smile: yeah I had cleared it but it was this blurry spot with nothing in it… but alas no way to actually remove the dock? I think they maybe should just make it transparent if it cannot be removed, but those are little little things, ah well, I shall look into lawnchair 2.

Thanks petefoth!

1 Like

Thanks

That link is giving me ‘404 Page not found’, and I’ve searched F-Droid on my phone and at F-Droid.org with no sign of Omega Launcher.

Zim is there, and I’ve tried it out, but it’s not as configurable as Lawnchair 2, so I’ll stick with what I’ve got :slight_smile:

Hi @petefoth,

If you add the IzzyOnDroid F-Droid repo you’ll be able to download Omega Launcher from F-Droid then.

Here’s a link to the Izzy site: https://android.izzysoft.de/repo/info

Gioni.

3 Likes

I am still using Zim, so thanks for the updates. I will look into “Omega”. Thanks for the hint!