Meeting with developers contributing to Parental Control

Hello world,

I’m a software dev concerned by his daughter safety having a first phone device.
I installed Murena on a Google Pixel “Mouuuahahhahaha”.
I’m expecting more reliable and featured “Parental Control” app.
I’m ready to contribute to Parental Control by creating new merge request, making reviews …
I might spent 2 to 10 hours a week on that since this important to me to protect my children.

I already made a review on 8815-screen-time-limit-not-enforced-reliably (!57) · Merge requests · e / os / Parental Control · GitLab .
The MR is a month old and seems stale, I did a review on it a week ago.**
**
I would like to meet with Parental Control core contributors … (and even better if it is in French, but I’m also used to work in english on daily basis).

Cheers

Pierre Merlin

6 Likes

Thanks for offering to help. Let me pass it on to the developers and get back with their response.

3 Likes

Hello @Manoj, hope you’re fine, what is up ?

Hi @pimpin suggest you share your code changes in an issue on gitlab. That way it will be easier to let the developers have a look at it and give you access to check it into the main project,

Ok I must admit I’m a bit surprised and even disapointed, I was expecting a warmer and more helpful onboarding.
I’d like to understand if there is a road map or a backlog for the Parental Control app, I’d like to understand the release process … and much more. And I wanted first to have a human contact.
I’ll try to start working alone first.
++

1 Like

We have some guidelines here. The standard way for offering development support is using the jobs page. where we advertise open positions. Offer to support development on specific modules or projects do come in and are always welcome. It is just that at times the team members are a bit tied up with project activities and response may be delayed.