Message - Failing to take picture

My wife has a oneplus 6 and is on Ver 2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-enchilada.
When I go to send a message and select ‘Take a photo’, the camera appears and I attempt to take a picture. The error I immediately get is ‘Failed to save photo.’
I can take photos outside of the Message App and the pics are saved to gallery just fine.
If I attach a pic in Gallery to a Message it also works fine.
Is it possible that there is a problem where the ‘save’ is pointing in the File System? If so what should it be and where do I look?
Thanks

Update: I think I may have fixed the issue. I found a Nextcloud profile on her phone. For saving Pics it seems the camera was using that. I deleted the Nextcloud link under Android/Media in the File System and now it works. I found this by searching on Camera in the file system and it should multiple paths/locations so I dropped the Nextcloud one since the phone is not actively using Nextcloud. Hopefully I didn’t break something else. Time will tell.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.