Missing navigation menu

I can not find/activate the navigation menu (the thing at the bottom of the screen with a circle, triangle and square). Is there an option or method to activate this or is this a bug? I am a new user of /e/ and android 10, so I might be missing something.

Thatā€™s a curious one. Iā€™ve got a Gigaset myself. I had a search in the settings and couldnā€™t find any option to turn the displaying of the navigation bar on or off.

You could try resetting the 3 button navigation bar app to see if that fixes the display issue.

Itā€™s done simply enough. Go to settings and in the search bar type ā€œ3 Button Navigation Bar.ā€ It should pop up long before you type all that. Then open the app and tap the ā€˜force restartā€™ option.

I could find the 3 Button Navigation Bar, but there was no option for force restart. Only an option for force stop. I tried to stop it and restart the phone but it did not solve the problem.

Sorry, yeah, ā€˜force stopā€™ is the one to press.

If that or the restart of the phone didnā€™t work, Iā€™m out of ideas. Iā€™ll keep having a look through the options to see if anything else occurs to me.

It might fix itself when the 0.14 update comes through.

I fiddled around with some settings and I saw the menu working if I logged into a guest account. Probably something went wrong while setting up the initial account(I did/it accidentally power down the phone during the first start ). After resetting it to factory settings, all works fine. I chalk this one up to users oops.
@Gioni Thanks for your help

1 Like